<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: silly mistake :-(
coyoteboy

posted on 28/10/18 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Every westfield has them vertically.

Bloody awful design work then. I mean it might work in that orientation, but it's not as designed and why would you?`

[Edited on 29/10/18 by coyoteboy]

JAG

posted on 29/10/18 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
How about this idea....

seat belt mod' finished/fitted

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

sdh2903

posted on 29/10/18 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JAG
How about this idea....

That would fail IVA in my opinion. You would have to show the bracket is designed to take all the load In an impact. There have been several instances where belts have had to go up to fit through harness slots in seats that have failed unless you can prove the seats are homogelated and structurally tested.

loggyboy

posted on 29/10/18 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JAG
How about this idea....

That would fail IVA in my opinion. You would have to show the bracket is designed to take all the load In an impact. There have been several instances where belts have had to go up to fit through harness slots in seats that have failed unless you can prove the seats are homogelated and structurally tested.

With the reinforcement shown I would say its been designed exactly for that purpose. If you open the image history it passed SVA (i dont believe that requirement changed between sva/iva.)

[Edited on 29-10-18 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

craigdiver

posted on 29/10/18 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melly-g
If they're baby cub seats take the base pad off.
Would that make a difference? Just put a pad on the base instead.
I think I only had a piece of carpet on mine for the test!

melly-g I owe you several pints. Seat squab removed to find a 5mm foam pad already covering the sprung base. Had a seat as is and actually feels a better sitting position. With 5mm foam pad I am now well over the regulation 450mm and now measure 490mm! At least ill be able to knock something up around an inch thick that will look like it is meant to be there! Is the passenger seat tested?

If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

Angel Acevedo

posted on 29/10/18 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Every westfield has them vertically.

Bloody awful design work then. I mean it might work in that orientation, but it's not as designed and why would you?`

[Edited on 29/10/18 by coyoteboy]

If you get in a crash where the eyebolt breaks, the flesh will be no loger attached to your bones.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 29/10/18 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote

Mine passed like this because the seat belt connectors were to small for the big bolt that fits into the roll cage. I could either drill them out leaving very little metal or this solution. IVA inspector never commented.

I would just get some extension pieces that fit into the existing holes. Simple problem requiring a simple solution.

craigdiver

posted on 29/10/18 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Mine passed like this because the seat belt connectors were to small for the big bolt that fits into the roll cage. I could either drill them out leaving very little metal or this solution. IVA inspector never commented.

I would just get some extension pieces that fit into the existing holes. Simple problem requiring a simple solution.

Problem is now solved but your solution wouldn’t have worked for me as I needed to move my eye bolts vertically up and any extension used would need to be very well engineered to take high lateral load. You will see from the original photo, as I was using eye bolts, they were oriented horizontally (correctly) with the loading pulling on the threads rather than trying to shear the head off (as westfield apparently do!)

If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.