Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood FoS 2019
HowardB

posted on 4/7/19 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Goodwood FoS 2019

Who's going to the Festival of Speed?

I've been before and it is a great weekend, sadly not this year,.

Radical are launching their new car this year - the Raptor - should be good

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

minitici

posted on 4/7/19 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
It is the Radical "Rapture" not Raptor.
COREdevelopments

posted on 4/7/19 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I'm finally going, after years of putting it off. This will be my 1st time and really looking forward to it, only going the sunday though. How big is it and will I get to see most of it?

Rob

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 4/7/19 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
I went last year for the whole four days. Was a good show, although dependant on your ticket type as to what you can (possibly) see. We had entry and grandstand pass, which meant we spent two half days in the stands watching the hillclimb etc., and spent the rest of the time walking around the stands.

I happen to know some people that worked on the Rolls Royce stand so got to go "backstage" and try the (then) new Cullinan, and also got invited into the Kinrara enclosure by another friend.

Did lunch in the Porsche cafe one day, which although nice, was a bit expensive - although probably not in comparison to all the other outlets in the show!

You can go round the whole event inc. paddocks, track, stalls etc. in one day if you wanted to, although you'd be pushed. And that probably wouldn't allow for any extras, such as rides in vehicles (last year Porsche were thrashing, sorry, giving rides in Macans around a dirt track, as well as another separate track event). I reckon two days would allow a more relaxed time.

Aside from the cost of food & drink inside, the only other things were the long walk from carpark to event (wear comfy shoes!), and the main car park was horrifically dusty - more of an inconvenience if you're in a 7 or convertible.

I'm not there this year, but will probably go for a couple of days next year. However, I am going to Revival later this year....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

nick205

posted on 4/7/19 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going on Saturday with two sons, two of my brother in laws and two nephews.

I went many years ago and it's fantastic to spend the day amongst wonderful cars (old and new) and around people who really appreciate them.

My own favourite car is the Peugeot 205 T16 and I'm hoping there may be one to take a look at.

Really looking forward to it

James

posted on 4/7/19 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by COREdevelopments
I'm finally going, after years of putting it off. This will be my 1st time and really looking forward to it, only going the sunday though. How big is it and will I get to see most of it?

Rob

It's brilliant- especially if the weather is good. I go pretty much every year and utterly love it!

My quick guide to FoS:

- It's also absolutely huge. If you want to get round all of it in a day- good luck! As I've been for 10 years and never got round all of it although I tend to spend a lot of time in the Mclaren areas as I have friends on the stand.

- Look at the programs in advance and plan what you want to see and when. Get a site map and plan it out. Then most importantly- get there EARLY. I think I managed 7:30 once! Have brekkie in the car park as food is pricey inside.

- There's about 15 car parks. I've rarely managed to get in the same one twice and they all involve massive amounts of walking.

- Comfy shoes and maybe folding chairs/stools if you like a sit down.

- Take lots of WATER! It's hot and dusty!

- Getting around is complicated by there only being a few crossings over the track so during running you have to queue to get over.

- And last but not least, try and avoid getting a bit of dust in the eye when you have fighter pilots overhead, F1 drivers in the background and you begin to question your life choices a little!

I think I'm going tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

motivforz

posted on 4/7/19 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the tent with Williams heritage in the sky F1 paddock. Feel free to say hello! We're a friendly bunch, I'm the tall chap with a rubbish ginger beard. Chris
HowardB

posted on 4/7/19 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by minitici
It is the Radical "Rapture" not Raptor.

my mistake - still it looks good

at least on the live feed - best still, it's safe for work

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

nick205

posted on 5/7/19 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Stuff packed last night and food to pack this evening before heading off at 07:00 tomorrow morning. Still really looking forward to going and seeing great cars and car enthusiasts for the day

Hoping very much I'll see a Peugeot 205 T16 amongst the cars.

Fandango

posted on 6/7/19 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
New track record;

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2019/7/video-volkswagen-id.-r-sets-new-all-time-festival-of-speed-record/

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

David Jenkins

posted on 6/7/19 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fandango
New track record;

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-coverage/festival-of-speed/2019/7/video-volkswagen-id.-r-sets-new-all-time-festival-of-speed-record/

There's a video online somewhere of that car going up Pike's Peak and smashing the record.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.