Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wheel movement during braking
mikeb

posted on 25/2/20 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Wheel movement during braking

Has anyone else noticed a slight amount of wheel movement (front cycle wing moves forward slightly) during braking, I can’t find any slack in my suspension bushes just wondered if a small amount is considered normal on a Haynes roasters with sierra running great.
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/2/20 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Given the forces involved it's hardly surprising. Things will be bending and twisting all the time, so long as your wheels don't fall off it's not an issue. Think how much a plane flexes, if you built it so it didn't flex it would be called a tank...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 25/2/20 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cycle wing is mounted to the upright. Upright is at the end of noodley members and rubber bushes - some movement is expected. I'm surprised it's overtly visible though - that would suggest fairly significant geometry shifts?

CosKev3

posted on 25/2/20 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah it's very noticeable on mine when you brake hard.

I think it's more noticeable now as I've got CSR style front arches,as they are flat on the top you notice it more?
Rather than a rounded cycle wing.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.