Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS3X or ME442
Al3xG

posted on 1/4/20 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
MS3X or ME442

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has got any experience with both the Megasquirt MS3X and the Motorsport Electronics ME442.
The MS3X runs for about the same price of the ME442 if configured with the same options (wideband, high-pressure MAP, etc.), so I'm a bit undecided for which to go for.
Thoughts?

mtt mark

posted on 6/4/20 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Don't waste your money on either, get an omex 600, tried megasquirt and had nothing but problems on a 106 rally car. You get what you pay for.

It will fit,.….…...smack, told you so

coyoteboy

posted on 6/4/20 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Built and used a few squirts - problems have only ever been due to my none headed mistakes. That said, I'm not exactly clueless with electronics, so if I can make mistakes, most people will. That said, it's far far more interesting and instructive than just buying an ots kit and fitting it. If you're not looking to learn and just want to do, probably steer clear.

perksy

posted on 6/4/20 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Al3xG
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has got any experience with both the Megasquirt MS3X and the Motorsport Electronics ME442.
The MS3X runs for about the same price of the ME442 if configured with the same options (wideband, high-pressure MAP, etc.), so I'm a bit undecided for which to go for.
Thoughts?

If the plan is to have this set up on a rolling road (which is always a good idea) it would be a good idea to speak to them first on what they favour and to make sure they are familiar with what you plan on using
I remember speaking to one respected tuner and he said he would only map Megasquirt if the car was running reasonably ok before he started mapping it
OMEX is good and I believe the backup is very good aswell, DTA well rated, I ran MBE on my old VX powered Westy and was very impressed with it

coyoteboy

posted on 7/4/20 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Interestingly the price of MS3X built, ready to go, has come down massively - it was near enough 1K not long ago. It's now about the same price as any other but with a lot more features. I mean it's basically the same capability (if not more) than the omex 710. And if you don't want to go for the latest greatest, you could use the MS2 and get it around 450 build ready to run.

40inches

posted on 7/4/20 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Interestingly the price of MS3X built, ready to go, has come down massively - it was near enough 1K not long ago. It's now about the same price as any other but with a lot more features. I mean it's basically the same capability (if not more) than the omex 710. And if you don't want to go for the latest greatest, you could use the MS2 and get it around 450 build ready to run.

I used a MS2X for the Jag engine, has more features than I need. Didn't see the point in going for the MS3

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.