Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anti social cars wrecks on driveways
steve m

posted on 5/5/20 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Anti social cars wrecks on driveways

Hi all

We have two houses in our close, that are dumping grounds for cars on there front garden
The main house I am concerned with, has two manky bmw that have not moved in 5 years, and neither motd in 8 years
ive checked, he also has an audi on axle stands that has been like that for 3 years

If the above isn't enough to deal with, because his front garden is full of sh1t and cars, he has to park his van on a bend, also his daughter parks her car in a stupid place, hat makes entering my close difficult

I do not object to any one working on cars or doing whatever, and ive done so on loads of cars, but ive never had scrappers on my drive for more than a few days

The police have been contacted re the parking, but have done nothing, numerous people in our road have tried different things to get this retard to sort it out, and still nothing

I have a couple of ideas, but just wondered if any one as some that I can get this mess cleaned up with ?

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

jps

posted on 5/5/20 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I can't really criticise, i've had my half stripped donor Sierra sitting on my drive for 7 years now! The only concession to the neighbours is that i keep it wrapped in a tarp - which gets replaced every couple of years as it starts to look a bit manky after a while.

But we do have ample space to park our other cars on the drive too, so don't cause the other kinds of problems you describe.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot you can do in practice. If he were a council tennat you could complain to the council.

coyoteboy

posted on 5/5/20 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have two project cars on my drive that have not moved in 4 and 3 years respectively. One is on blocks currently, though you'd struggle to tell as it's tucked up away from the road, but they do get a bit green at times. Ultimately you might not like it but that's tough.

I have space to park my other 2 on the drive anyway, but usually park one on the road because if I don't, someone else parks a rotten long wheelbase, high transit across my front and makes exiting and entering my drive impossible.

Ultimately, if they didn't have a drive you'd be in the same situation - they'd have scrapped the cars but they would still park their current ones in a bad place - it's that that you need to address. Everyone has the same right to park anywhere on the road, only good neighbours will take notice of what you care about, and most people are not good neighbours.

[Edited on 5/5/20 by coyoteboy]

Robbaa

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
council are the ones to talk to regarding dangerous parking, keep hounding them until it makes it easier to deal with your complaint then listening to your emails. as for parking on lawn, its their land they can do it
Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Can't see how you can make him get shot off the cars, one mans junk is another mans treasure, their probably his dream...one day I shall drive these! Watching too much wheeler dealers perhaps. Maybe you have inspired him

Your options seem to be

1 steal the cars...
2 help him fix them
3 convince him to use them as donors for a locost
4 move
5 arrange an angry mob with torches (flaming not battery)

[Edited on 5/5/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roadrunner

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I think option 5 is best.
steve m

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
1 steal the cars... what do I need a manky old audi with no wheels, and two crappy bmw worth diddly squat
2 help him fix them errr for the same reason above
3 convince him to use them
as donors for a locost the retard hasn't got the intelligence nor skills to make a mess, let alone a car

4 move we have been here 32 years, and like the place we have

5 arrange an angry mob
with torches (flaming not battery) now this one has been discussed, !!!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Simon

posted on 5/5/20 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Phone local scrap yard pretending to be him and tell them you have some crap that needs collecting?
ReMan

posted on 5/5/20 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Phone local scrap yard pretending to be him and tell them you have some crap that needs collecting?

I like this one

Sadly you have my sympathies as realistically there's not much you can do, nor anyone else these days.
Nobody gives aany respect for anyone else

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ō≈ōﺣ

cliftyhanger

posted on 6/5/20 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

You would be better contacting one of the more "iffy" scrap dealers/collectors who are less interested in paperwork.... At teh moment there seems to be an increase in the numbers of vans looking for scrap. They virtually disappeared a while ago after being very active 6-8 years ago, but seems the are now interested in anything again.

flak monkey

posted on 6/5/20 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I wanna see these anti-social piles of junk shouting and drinking in the street... ASBO material for sure

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Benzine

posted on 6/5/20 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Buy a 200 quid boring euro box with mot, ins and tax and rig with hidden cameras. Park when nobody is around or, ideally get a friend to so he doesn't know it's you. Wait til he's out in his van. Park where he does. Take vadelism footage to the rozzas.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 6/5/20 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
4 move we have been here 32 years, and like the place we have

Apparently not, one of your neighbours doesn't have your values wrt acceptable car storage.

wylliezx9r

posted on 6/5/20 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Steve, if you are as brave in real life as when sat behind your keyboard, simply go up to your neighbour and call him a "retard" as you have on here. I'm sure that will sort things out one way or another.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

RussH

posted on 6/5/20 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
Steve, if you are as brave in real life as when sat behind your keyboard, simply go up to your neighbour and call him a "retard" as you have on here. I'm sure that will sort things out one way or another.

In all seriousness, what did he say when you politely spoke to him about it? Or did you jump straight to "call the police"?

Duratec Westfield

steve m

posted on 6/5/20 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ive not spoken to the guy in five years, hes a nasty overweight fat blob,
the last communication he had with his next door neighbour was to tell them to F*** OFF

Thankfully he lives 15 houses away from me, but I do have to pass the scrap heap every time I come into my road

Some very good friends who we have known for 40+ years have to look out at this eyesore every day, and it was for them
mainly I asked the question, but just to clean up the neighbourhood wood be nice

What I don't get is, that if I was to have this mess outside my house, my wife would go absolutely potty, but his apparently doesn't see what the problem is ?

I would imagine that if any one wanted to sell / move house, any one who came round to view would see this eyesore first,
and I know if I was looking at any property would turn round and get out fast

As I said in my first post, I have no objection to what people do, and I for years worked on cars, rebuilt a couple, made my Locost
in my garage/driveway, but the worst I ever did was probably have an old mini on the front garden with a tarp over it

He hasn't touched any of the cars in over 3 years, the Bmws in more like 5 years

I am sorry for posting as obviously a couple of people don't like what I am asking, but they don't have to live with this every day

As for the parking, I believe the rule is you cant park within 10 meters of a junction, I could be very wrong there, but there is a rule
He and his Daughter park ON THE BEND of a junction, half on the road, and half on the pavement, yet the police (I believe ) have been called numerous times and have done NOTHING

Sorry, this totally unacceptable

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.