Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: News reporter’s
jacko

posted on 13/1/21 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
News reporter’s

Under the COVID pandemic do you think it’s right that reporters should be going around the world reporting on Donald trump and America
Also going into hospital’s words just to report what could be done from a tv studio
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 13/1/21 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Well trump getting his ass kicked wouldn't be half as much fun if we didn't have reporters covering it. I love the news just now

Anyway they don't have reporters going all round the world, they usually are working locally or work in countries for years as they need to build up contacts and knowledge of the region they cover. I'd have thought you would have noticed that by now.

As for hospitals, there's been so much misleading BS about them recently from the thicko conspiracy lunatics that people might be daft enough to start believing all their lies. If reporters didn't go into hospitals and show the truth, you'd end up with even more cases.

[Edited on 13/1/21 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 13/1/21 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Under the COVID pandemic do you think it’s right that reporters should be going around the world reporting on Donald trump and America
Also going into hospital’s words just to report what could be done from a tv studio
Graham

I think you'd need to give some examples of reporters "going around the world" to report on Trump. I've mainly seen Jon Sople on the BBC and he is their Washington(?) correspondent so lives there.

The orange nut-job is in command of the world's largest nuclear arsenal... we certainly have an interest.

As for hospitals... obviously there is a little risk but I think it's important we see what's going on. I keep seeing people posting that Corona is all made up whilst time-served medical professionals I know are breaking down under the strain of the influx of emergency patients. So that needs to be shown to shut up the naysayers.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 13/1/21 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
i dont have a problem with reporters, and that is all they are, nothing special, just busy bodies medaling with other peoples news, and manipulating
the story, to inflate their own self esteem and ego,

However, i do not watch the news, as its corrupt with misinformation, from the above, but i do follow on line news, all the time, and that way can weedle out the shyte, and only read or watch anything that i believe to be true, well, true ish and relevant to me!!

Now, i am in the majority that feels that Covid etc is VERY VERY real, and i always have been, and as such, we as a family, are doing all we can to minimize any risks, to ourselves firstly, and secondly any one that we may of been slightly too close too

Unfortunately there are still some absolute retards, who for what ever reason, are oblivious to all that is going on at the moment, mm well last year!!
and are trying to dismiss the whole episode as a joke, i wont get to involved with a rant on these pondlifes, as ive been trolled and mis quoted many times already on this site,

As for Trump, what can i say, what a total and utter disrespectful retard of the highest order, he has mental issues, but we have all known that for many many years, i hope he does get impeached, and hope that the trial is quick, he is removed from any "Buttons" and put inside for his remaining days on this planet,

Aside to this, and i am not keen on our Prime minister either, but Boris is just a Puppet, and does what "the advisors tell him" were as Trump, seems to be the Puppeteer

God help us please, and im not even religious

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

James

posted on 13/1/21 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Aside to this, and i am not keen on our Prime minister either, but Boris is just a Puppet, and does what "the advisors tell him" were as Trump, seems to be the Puppeteer

God help us please, and im not even religious

steve

Hah! A close friend of mine is one of Johnson's advisors. I can assure you, if he did what he was advised we wouldn't be in the mess we're in!!!

[Edited on 13/1/21 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/1/21 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
What I learnt from this trump thing is that news stations, papers and the like are very politically biased depending on what side they sit on, Fox and CNN being good examples of this and to get a true picture you have to take a overall view of all of them.

However I was quite impressed with Fox which started of very pro trump completely changed their tune once all the lies started and really went against him after the riots.

He's been impeached now anyway so hopefully he'll be found guilty by the Senate and can never run for president again. It would be nice if he got banned from entering the UK too, I'd vote for that.

chillis

posted on 13/1/21 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine is just such a reporter and the testing they have to do every few days - their probably some of the safest people around. Now given the UK has only now 9 months too late decided to start requiring a negative test before you can enter the UK I think journo's are low on the list of people to worry about.
Far more of a problem are the covidiots who in their many refuse to wear face masks and since that seems to be almost everyone I see I think that's where the problem lies

[Edited on 13/1/21 by chillis]

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

James

posted on 13/1/21 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
What I learnt from this trump thing is that news stations, papers and the like are very politically biased depending on what side they sit on, Fox and CNN being good examples of this and to get a true picture you have to take a overall view of all of them.

However I was quite impressed with Fox which started of very pro trump completely changed their tune once all the lies started and really went against him after the riots.

He's been impeached now anyway so hopefully he'll be found guilty by the Senate and can never run for president again. It would be nice if he got banned from entering the UK too, I'd vote for that.

With Fox you have to be very careful- don't forget that they're legally classified as an entertainment entity, not as a news channel! This is to prevent them being sued because of the utter nonsense they speak!

Also, there's a fair difference between their 'news' sections and their editorial. Very occasionally they veer towards the common sense when they have the likes of Chris Wallace and the sadly departed Sheppard Smith on but there are far too many vile creatures like Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

It's also worth treading carefully when comparing the US' left and right with our own. America has moved so far to the right over recent decades that Obama's policies were in many aspects to the right of Republican Reagan!

I watch quite a lot of The Young Turks who are a progressive left group. They don't like Democrats or Republicans!

Cheers!

snapper

posted on 13/1/21 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

However, i do not watch the news, as its corrupt with misinformation, from the above, but i do follow on line news, all the time, and that way can weedle out the shyte, and only read or watch anything that i believe to be true, well, true ish and relevant to me!!

So the only news that is not fake is the news that fits your particular narrative!

I rest my case...

All news has a bias mostly delivered by news moguls with a particular political bias however I think it’s good to look at all news streams except perhaps those on the extremes so we get a broad perspective and not just what we want to hear.
Now just to stir things up I check my views with the phrase “one mans terrorist is another’s freedom fighter” the Irish troubles which I have been affected by and to bloody close to a number of London bombings and a more neutral experience in Kosovo.
It’s difficult but you need to be exposed to both sides of an argument

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

steve m

posted on 13/1/21 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
quote:

So the only news that is not fake is the news that fits your particular narrative!

I rest my case...

All news has a bias mostly delivered by news moguls with a particular political bias however I think it’s good to look at all news streams except perhaps those on the extremes so we get a broad perspective and not just what we want to hear.
Now just to stir things up I check my views with the phrase “one mans terrorist is another’s freedom fighter” the Irish troubles which I have been affected by and to bloody close to a number of London bombings and a more neutral experience in Kosovo.
It’s difficult but you need to be exposed to both sides of an argument

I watch news, thats, in the spectrum of what i feel is applicable to my family,

and yet again, i am trolled for having a view

i rest my point,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

joneh

posted on 14/1/21 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
News & Science. Can all be bought.

As Steve says, you have to watch a spectrum, do your own research and form your own opinion. I don't believe anything I hear or see on TV or the Internet without research first.

I only take something as fact, if there's a test I review and accept as valid. I too have opinions that differ wildly from the majority on various subjects. You need thick skin to jump off the bandwagon.

myke pocock

posted on 14/1/21 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I have no issue with reporting on Trump. After all whether we like it or not, he can have a major impact on this country. What realy concerns me is the fanatical following that has followed him amongst the electorate and still does. Look out for the next few days. Also the number of politicians in his own party that have followed him with blind faith until very recently. The guy has, without doubt, mental issues.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.