Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Too many connections
christim

posted on 14/2/21 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Too many connections

I've not been able to get on to locostbuilders for the last few days...'error 1040: too many connections'
Looks like it's back now! Anyone else had this problem?

mccsp

posted on 14/2/21 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yep.

Has happened on and off for a while now.

Longest it’s been down in a while.

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

christim

posted on 14/2/21 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
...also reminded me to donate, help keep the lights on

jacko

posted on 14/2/21 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Yes off for a day or two
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 14/2/21 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
I think I read the site is being pulled down periodically for maintenance ?
Slater

posted on 14/2/21 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I get worried when the site goes down for long period, I've been on here almost every day since 2005/6ish. Not sure how I'd cope if this great site stopped working. I donated a few month back, so hoping it carries on......

BTW, Are there any good alternative sites (just in case the worst happens)? I don't do facebook.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

computid

posted on 14/2/21 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Its a weird ongoing database issue, I prod Chris when I notice it's happened and he sorts it out.

I wouldn't worry about the site disappearing, I don't think Chris has any intentions to take it down, its just that he's extremely busy with other things these days and so isn't active on here much.

loggyboy

posted on 14/2/21 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by christim
...also reminded me to donate, help keep the lights on

I think we need a bit more return TBH. admin presence, new software etc. This place will sadly die if it gets stuck in the mire.

Mistral Motorsport

rusty nuts

posted on 14/2/21 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slater
I get worried when the site goes down for long period, I've been on here almost every day since 2005/6ish. Not sure how I'd cope if this great site stopped working. I donated a few month back, so hoping it carries on......

BTW, Are there any good alternative sites (just in case the worst happens)? I don't do facebook.

There are some locost forums on Facebook but none of them have as much info as on here plus the fact that finding posts on fb can be a bit hit and miss

James

posted on 15/2/21 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by Slater

There are some locost forums on Facebook but none of them have as much info as on here plus the fact that finding posts on fb can be a bit hit and miss

I belong to a couple and there's a lot of fairly basic questions (usually about chassis design) on there. I almost always just point them here as lets face it, it's probably been asked here before- whatever it is!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.