Board logo

Oulton trackday Nov 12th £125 open pitlane!
Steve PH - 27/8/10 at 06:56 AM

Hi Fellas

We are organising another club trackday at Oulton Park, this time it’s Friday Nov 12th and we’re hoping to get some LoCost owners involved. As usual, we are offering this event to the owners clubs we work with first, it’s always a popular event with the clubs so it becomes a bit of a mini-meet as well. Oulton has some great places to spectate from, decent catering and plenty of space for everyone to gather together. We will also be having Xtreme Photography there so any drivers can see how their car looks on track and buy photos and CDs etc.

The trackday will be running with our usual setup of open pitlane and limited numbers to make sure you can get plenty of lappage on this fantastic circuit!

For the novices (or more experienced drivers) we will have free tuition available, all our instructors are ARDS licenced and hand picked from the guys I work with at the Oulton Race School so they are very familiar with how to get a car round the track quickly and safely and will make sure you get the best out of the day.

The list price for this event is £150 but we are doing a special club rate and we’ve frozen last years price so you can book a place for just £125. Passengers can be booked in for a tenner and extra drivers for £35.

Bookings can be made HERE but if you’d like to come along please shout up on here and I’ll send you the discount code to get the club rate.

Cheers

Steve H
Trackaction-Online

Here’s a few shots from last years event -

[Edited on 27/8/10 by Steve PH]

[Edited on 27/8/10 by Steve PH]

welderman - 27/8/10 at 07:42 AM

im interested u2u2u

Joe

Dangle_kt - 27/8/10 at 08:57 AM

That sounds good....

*runs off to ask the wife*

Steve PH - 28/8/10 at 07:12 AM

U2Us sent to welderman and Dangle.

If anyone else is up for this one please post up on here, best not send me a U2U as I don't always see them very quickly but I get an email each time the thread is updated.

Cheers

Steve H

bigfoot4616 - 28/8/10 at 08:54 AM

i may be interested. would like to do it but won't be able to commit to anything before october.

Steve PH - 28/8/10 at 12:35 PM

No problem, I've sent you the details and the discount isn't time limited. Obviously if it sells out then it would be too late but just book as soon as you are ready and hopefully you'll be OK.

Steve H

Jon Ison - 14/9/10 at 07:39 PM

Cars now fixed, can you send me details please ?

Steve PH - 15/9/10 at 05:50 AM

U2U sent.

Jon Ison - 15/9/10 at 04:01 PM

Booked, used discount code to pay for a garage, spent many an hour at Oulton but not many dry ones.

See you there guys.

[Edited on 15/9/10 by Jon Ison]

eddie99 - 15/9/10 at 04:33 PM

Whats the restrictions on cars and noise? Race cars allowed?

Steve PH - 15/9/10 at 05:06 PM

Racecars are fine, 105db static and no single seaters please.

Jon Ison - 23/9/10 at 02:41 PM

Whats your refund policy ?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/16/viewthread.php?tid=143407

Steve PH - 23/9/10 at 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear that Jon, hope it's all fixable! Phil will be in touch about getting a credit etc.

john77cars - 27/9/10 at 07:40 PM

hi,how many places do you have left,i would be after 3x places,regards john.

Steve PH - 27/9/10 at 08:40 PM

Hi John

It's selling nicely but we can fit you in, I'll send you the booking info.

john77cars - 28/9/10 at 07:55 PM

are you running the full track and how many cars can you have booked,just with you saying limited numbers?,also do you take credit card or is is paypal only,regards john.

Steve PH - 29/9/10 at 05:44 AM

It is the full international circuit and we limit the total numbers to avoid queuing. At the moment there's just over 20 spaces left which should go pretty quickly.

It is paypal only I'm afraid but they will take a credit card without having to register I think....?

[Edited on 29/9/10 by Steve PH]

john77cars - 29/9/10 at 12:53 PM

just booked for track and also a garage,do you send me any paper work or do i just turn up,regards john.

Steve PH - 29/9/10 at 06:00 PM

Good to have you aboard! We'll send out full drivers info by email about a week before the event with times and other useful stuff on it

Steve PH - 2/10/10 at 06:21 PM

We are down to the last dozen spaces now on this one so if you want a space please get it booked to avoid missing out.

Steve H

tonym - 5/10/10 at 06:56 PM

Please could you send the code if it is not too late. I did send a u2u but recieved no reply

Thanks
Tonym

Steve PH - 5/10/10 at 07:42 PM

I'll U2U it over Tony, sorry about the delay, I can't get emails to tell me when I get a U2U

Steve PH - 7/10/10 at 06:12 AM

WE ARE NOW BOOKED UP FOR THIS EVENT!

Just want to say a big thankyou to all the guys who have booked for this one, we will be sending out info packs by email a few days before the event and I’m looking forward to seeing you all at Oulton Park!

If anyone wants to go on the reserve list you can sign up on our forum HERE

Cheers

Steve H

Jon Ison - 10/10/10 at 12:10 PM

Hi guys,

As the event is now booked up and its looking like I'm not going to be able to make it due to a little incident at Cadwell I have a place booked along with a garage, I would like to recoup my costs.

I have enquired and its perfectly ok to transfer the booking so your safe on that side of things.

u2u me if interested, 1 confirmed place, 1 confirmed garage.

Steve PH - 18/10/10 at 06:06 AM

Would any of you that have booked a garage please PM me with your full name so I can make sure you are all grouped together.

Cheers

Steve H

john77cars - 18/10/10 at 07:07 PM

iv booked a garage,john sharples

Steve PH - 18/10/10 at 09:08 PM

Cheers John

john77cars - 3/11/10 at 08:10 PM

can you let me know when you will be sending the info for the trackday,regards john.

Jon Ison - 9/11/10 at 07:49 PM

Well, got car rebuilt (almost) back on all fours and running, weather looks a bit grim though, make sure I get a garage with no puddles please......

See all you hardy souls Friday.

PAUL FISHER - 9/11/10 at 08:00 PM

Looking good, nice to see it all in one piece Jon, take it easy on Friday, you can bet its going to be very slippy

Steve PH - 9/11/10 at 09:04 PM

That looks pretty good from here Jon, weather doesn't look too bad although staying totally dry may be a bit much to hope for!

John, you should have your info pack now.

See you guys on Saturday!

Steve H

Tipster69 - 9/11/10 at 09:11 PM

Hi,

I'd love to come along just to watch from the rails having never attended one of these events. Is it possible to turn up purely as a spectator?

CHEERS

Jon Ison - 9/11/10 at 09:15 PM

Steve, pack received and filled in.

Tipster, always a welcoming passenger seat if you fancy 1/2 hour other side of the rails, I'm sure you could sign on on the day. Steve ?

Paul, will be taking it easy, always do........

Note to me, must clean all the oil of the car now, haven't bothered to clean it as it was pointless if I couldn't get rebuilt in time.

Note to anyone else, whats the best way to get oil film off the car, its covered.

Steve PH - 9/11/10 at 09:15 PM

Yep, turn up and say hello!

If you want to bring a helmet and sign in as a passenger (£10) you can also try your luck at blagging a ride with any of the drivers (helps if you are blonde and in a short skirt (and preferably female ))

Jon Ison - 9/11/10 at 09:23 PM

that brings back memories of Donington many moons back, giving passenger rides in the GT1, anyone there at the time will remeber it well,

Me sat in drivers seat waiting for passenger to get in, she, passenger velly short skirt stepping over velly wide side pod to get in, me not knowing where to look, truth is I did know where to look once I had wiped steam off visor.......

Steve PH - 9/11/10 at 10:08 PM

Doing passenger rides is always fun with the girls when I'm instructing, 'it's fairground rules so scream if you want to faster"

adithorp - 9/11/10 at 10:43 PM

"...Note to anyone else, whats the best way to get oil film off the car, its covered..."

TFR (traffic film remover). You should be able to get it from a good motor factor.

Tipster69 - 10/11/10 at 08:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the info and the offer of a spectator ride, her indoors has just decided to tell me she has made plans for me this Friday.

Looks like I'll have to put me little black dress and high heels back in the wardrobe for another time

PAUL FISHER - 13/11/10 at 01:12 PM

Come on then, did you all have a good day?

Jon Ison - 13/11/10 at 01:37 PM

Absolutely bone dry all day, got stuck driving to circuit on Church lane in dark, bloody great tree across road

No incidents to report, loads of petrol used, ran from dawn till dusk.

Oh Steve may or may not have a photo to upload, little grass tracking, did 30 yards on grass trouble was it was just a little muddy, there is some evidence of this on car

PAUL FISHER - 13/11/10 at 03:57 PM

Sounds like a good day then Jon, I hope there will be a few interesting pictures, and a video or two

Steve PH - 13/11/10 at 04:33 PM

I did wonder where the mud had come from up the side of your car as you were leaving

We had a really good day yesterday, plenty of track time for everyone and fantastic conditions, photos to follow as soon as I have them!

john77cars - 13/11/10 at 10:15 PM

heres a bit of my incar,very good day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2DMEDKqE4

PAUL FISHER - 14/11/10 at 08:51 PM

That Ford KA towards the end of the video looked quick, looks like he had to ease off to let you through along the pit straight, must have had something like 2 litre zetec in it.

john77cars - 14/11/10 at 09:43 PM

i think it had a cosworth engine in it.it was quick

Steve PH - 15/11/10 at 05:27 AM

1.7 Puma lump apparently.

Steve PH - 25/11/10 at 07:44 AM

A few snaps from the day -

Just want to say thanks to all the guys that came along to this one, everyone was commenting on how friendly everyone was both on and off the track which is exactly what we are looking for on our club events 8) .

Next up is Brands so hope to see you all there!

Steve H