Board logo

For Mel & David
907 - 18/7/17 at 03:54 PM

We managed to amuse ourselves at the Car-B-Q

At the Car-b-q
At the Car-b-q

David Jenkins - 18/7/17 at 05:24 PM

Hooligans!

I hope it all went well - I spent the entire afternoon fast asleep, thanks to jet-lag...

rusty nuts - 18/7/17 at 05:26 PM

Not sure you could eat those doughnuts. Sorry we missed out but the mutt was in a lot of pain with a grass seed imbedded in his paw , not for the first time either. At £300 a pop I think I'm in the wrong trade or use the wrong vet. He's back to his normal self now which I suppose is the main thing.

David Jenkins - 19/7/17 at 06:00 AM

When we had a dog we used to call it "paying for private medicine". Every little thing got charged for - a bit like the American health system!

rusty nuts - 19/7/17 at 05:05 PM

I had my old Doberman for over 14 years , he cost us a fraction of what the Westie has cost . Think it was the 4th time he has had a grass seed removed from a paw in 6 years . Think I might shave his legs and paws in future ?

907 - 20/7/17 at 05:01 AM

So you think vets are expensive.

Yesterday I had a checkup at the dentist. She suggested that I should have one of my teeth built up.

"How much will that be" I asked.

"I charge £250 an hour and they can take 4 hours, but usually I just call it a round £1000".

I'll suck soup through a straw before I pay that.

Paul G

David Jenkins - 21/7/17 at 01:22 PM

Eeek! Does the work involve diamond dust or something?

I've never had to pay more than a fraction of that, even for crowns (white and gold).

rusty nuts - 21/7/17 at 06:53 PM

Can't you make a set of maher so from titanium Paul? We could call you Jaws then.