Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: oulton park
bigrich

posted on 26/3/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
oulton park

FANTASTIC what an excellent day. Big thanks to totalkitcar magazine and oulton park for the event, All the manufacturers who attended to make the day what it was, really memorable. This may be a long shot but did anyone get a photo or video of my 90+ mph off. the left hander before the banked right (sorry can't think of its name)
mac1ZR

posted on 26/3/06 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, thanks to all at Total Kitcar for a great day, looking foward to Brands.
Thanks Big Rich on behalf of my 2 boys who enjoyed their rides.
Sorry Rich have only got pics of your car covered in grass in pitlane

Sean

posted on 26/3/06 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I think having the event on one day only was a no brainer. Too many people work at the weekend nowadays, so not to allow the option of two days is a major oversight. I can't imagine many traders would bother with their usual stands for one day only. Good idea poorly planned.
billy

posted on 26/3/06 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Great weather, nice to see all the different types of kits on the track together (kept seeing the bloke waving a blue flag at MNR boys and there keen driving).......lol.

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

marc n

posted on 26/3/06 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Great weather, nice to see all the different types of kits on the track together (kept seeing the bloke waving a blue flag at MNR boys and there keen driving).......lol.

was warned in drivers breifing then got told after the first 3 laps i had to slow down or i would be removed from the circuit
bit annoying as i thought the idea of the trackday was to show what the cars where capable of

nice to meet you billy and everyone else for that matter nice to put faces to names and have a natter with fellow petrol heads i for one had a great time for me the shows are a great social

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mac1ZR

posted on 26/3/06 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
here's the aftermath.... Rescued attachment bigrich4.JPG
Rescued attachment bigrich4.JPG

marc n

posted on 26/3/06 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
lucky escape pretty fast part of the circuit to go off, was this when it started to spit with rain ???
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigrich

posted on 26/3/06 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
it had been spitting on the previous few laps then it just got away from me ,may have been lift off over steer,may have been the damp but still here to tell the tale
jos

posted on 27/3/06 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Was that from the morning or afternoons session rich?

Reason for asking is on my way home I was half an hour from home when it started raining and I'd be interested to hear what the weather was like at the track after i left.

There seemed to be a mass exodous of kitcars before me so I tagged onto the end.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

bigrich

posted on 27/3/06 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
it happened about 2.30pm had a bit of rain on visor on that bit of circuit the previous two laps did'nt really rain properly till 3.30ish i think

been in the garage tonight to survey the damage polished the minor scuff on the rear wing (tyre wall) just loads of mud and sh-t to clean off now

ps jos don't forget xxl t shirt cheers mate

[Edited on 27/3/06 by bigrich]

jos

posted on 28/3/06 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
No probs rich. Need to chat with Col & Mark and get V2 infill sorted first but as soon as theyre ready one grizly bear size will be ordered for you & one for Jason I think, possibly baby grizly bear size (XL)

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

DarrenW

posted on 28/3/06 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Rich - have you cleaned the seat off??? i bet you left a man sized stain Pleased you are OK, id say that was a skillfull off.
Sounds like a good day was had by all. Im well narked i missed it (Mothers Day!!!) but at least i kept my pass out for Monday.

Jos - T-shirts???? Count me in. Lardy sized please (probs same as yours!!!:cool

[Edited on 28/3/06 by DarrenW]

bigrich

posted on 29/3/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
cheers darren seats and car are now a mud free zone may have put south yorks into a hose pipe ban area with all the water i used but its in a good cause.
seen your picture from the track day you did bet your still buzzin,and probably thinking what do i need to go that bit quicker next time
will you be attending the next open day, love to see the car and be good to see you also

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.