Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newark Today.....
Jon Ison

posted on 15/6/02 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Newark Today.....

Well, the telly was ok, the footie result was good, the weather wasn't to bad, the cars looked cool, Dazza looked dead, Mr Hippy lived up to his name, "hippy" we out numberd the Westfields next door 2 to 1, all in not a bad day......i guess by now all the "list" lads who are staying over are well lubricated by now too....great to meet a fair few of the guys, some even looked like there pics with Liam taking the top prize, he even had the same Red England shirt on, don't you ever change it ?......anyways, must go polish car, see ya all tomorrow..be there
Metal Hippy™

posted on 16/6/02 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I have long hair. Surely you didn't doubt this?

Anyway, thanks guys for letting me sleep in the tent.

Also, major thanks go to Jon for taking me out in his Isonblade.

All I can say is 'F**king hell'

Cheers.

Rich.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Jon Ison

posted on 16/6/02 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
ayup.......un-knotted ya hair yet ? like i said i thought it was biggles at the side of me when i looked in the mirrow and saw your hair at right angles to ya head flappin in the wind 3 foot behind us........

great Sunday lads, weather held out, good turn out of "nice" cars too.....look forward to more of the same....hope you all had safe trouble free journys home, doh, humbug, work tommorow..

Liam

posted on 16/6/02 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hellooo...

Somehow got back without falling asleep at the wheel. I think the bursts of laughter, every time an image of the popemobile popped into my head kept me awake - truly awesome machine.

Speaking of awesome machines, blagging rides in the cosworth powered Hicost and the Ison Blade (and not forgetting the dax rush V8 quadra that is my inspiration) was the highlight of my show. I can honestly say that never before had I overtaken a car that was overtaking another car, on a single carriageway, with cars comming in the opposite direction Thanks guys Best hangover cure i've tried.

Show itself was dead on saturday (wonder why?) and excellent on sunday, northern weather included. Excellent turn out of locosts, and nowadays it seems every one of them could be parked in a w***field or c****ham stand, and put some of those to shame. Most inspiring.

Jumble was excellent for me - got a mkii 'scort rack for £4 (that's if I ever pay m rayfield for it ), dead cheap stainless nuts 'n bolts, britool ratchet (mmm britool), 2 foot digital vernier calipers and a 2 foot, 2 tonne (feels like it) wrench - cos it looked cool.

Just wanna say a big thanks to bob and dazza for putting me up (even if it was in a tent with hippy ) and for the coal, er I mean barbecued meat .

And finally a big 'pleased to meet you' to everyone who i didn't catch when we were leaving.

Awesome weekend...

Liam

P.s. What are you talking about jon - of course I change my shirt. I wore it red-side-out on saturday and blue-side-out on sunday.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 16/6/02 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
thought it was ya boxers inside out........look out for the "launched at the AGM" M5 locost.......can't get out of it now...
Alan B

posted on 16/6/02 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

Sounds like you all had a good show. I remember it years ago, it was great then too!
Did anyone get any good photos? Was the MK midi there? and finished? What about the Coram? or the W******d XTR ?

Ah, so many questions

Cheers,

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 16/6/02 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
check out Mr Jenks post in "Drivin", there is a link in there to some pics from today, the MK mid engine thingy was there looked cool, the locost that won the cup looked better there than it does in the pics, basically i think locosts stole the show, in the 7 type cars anyways.....
Alan B

posted on 16/6/02 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
check out Mr Jenks post in "Drivin", there is a link in there to some pics from today

Cheers Jon, looks like fun was had by all

bob

posted on 16/6/02 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep i 2nd that,the best turnout of locosts i've seen.
And also the best looking,and well built too.

Thanks to the lads that roughed it,yet another good weekend.
Get yer thermals ready its donington next

Metal Hippy™

posted on 16/6/02 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, that's right all.

The M5+2 is very much on the cards thanks to a certain Mr Jon 'I'm gonna drop the poor sod in it' Ison.

He announced to the room I was one step ahead in using a BMW. They'd been talking about 3 series, then when I had to tell them I was gonna use an M5 there was a loud murmer and a definite chuckle from a few people.

He made up for it with that ride in the Blade though.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

Rich.

Marcus

posted on 17/6/02 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Chaps, check out the photo archive under my name for a few pics.

ps sorry about the size, but they're worth it!!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

bob

posted on 17/6/02 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one marcus
Mrs bob didnt think much of miss newark,said she had fat calfs and looked common with the tattoo. Oh well each to their own and all that.
Dazza has put a pic of the tents on his archive,but i think he wanted to show off the gazeeeeebo.

David Jenkins

posted on 18/6/02 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
...the locost that won the cup looked better there than it does in the pics...

Yes - apart from the general look of the thing, it was the attention to detail that made it for me. Everything from the wiring to the VIN plate was done with great care.

I had a brief chat with the owner - £4500 approximate build cost. Still cheaper than the equivalent Westfield by a long way! He was an ex-auto mechanic, which helps.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 18/6/02 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice one marcus
Mrs bob didnt think much of miss newark,said she had fat calfs and looked common with the tattoo. Oh well each to their own and all that.
Dazza has put a pic of the tents on his archive,but i think he wanted to show off the gazeeeeebo.

Sod the Locosts.

I want one of those things with the long legs, blonde hair and sashes!!!!

atb

steve

Dazza

posted on 18/6/02 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Glad to be of service guys. Good weekend, but did not get the bits i was after, seemed to be more trade stands at stoneleigh!!!! Never mind, As Bob said, Donnington next....

The popemobile may be fitted with a TV and DVD player by then...

See ya all soon, and it was good to meet you all............

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Liam

posted on 18/6/02 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
HUUUUHHH!?

Can somebody tell me how in the name of greek buggery I managed to miss a Miss Newark competition!!!!

If I missed that on account of the Locost AGM, I'm gonna just have to kill a lot of people.

Thanks for coming to find me, Mar-CUSS - good BUDDY!!!

Oh well - is there a Miss Donnington?

Liam

P.S. Woah! Didn't think the Popemobile could BE any better!

mark_rayfield

posted on 19/6/02 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
A big hello to everyone I met, and thanks to Dazza for the use of the popemobile for a few hours, and to Bob for my free gift.

I'm gutted I wasn't there on sunday - it sounds so much better!

Still, nice to finally meet a few of the guys and get some inspiration.

A special mention to Jon Ison. He might not have been doing lifts on the saturday but the isonblade was truly jaw-slackening as far as I was concerned.
[sorry for the inevitable deluge of 'how did u do that's that will surely follow]

Hope to see y'all soon,

Mark

Jon Ison

posted on 20/6/02 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
thats wot where ere for, watch this space though, planning permission and budget applied for (from her whom as to be obeyed) for a nice little NOS bottle and instant 50bhp button.......gonna go clean the windoes now....creep creep
chrisg

posted on 20/6/02 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
You,my man, are quite dangerous.

And I am a master of understatement.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Alan B

posted on 21/6/02 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
a nice little NOS bottle and instant 50bhp button....

Yeah, from what I hear that should move it out of the tortoise and snail league

UncleFista

posted on 21/6/02 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I know I've given this URL out before, but it really needs pushing.
Burgerman has been building NOS systems for years (at least 'til he had an accident) and has info on how to build your own very cheaply as well as updated links to parts suppliers.

http://www.nitrous.info/

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Metal Hippy™

posted on 21/6/02 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Methinks Jon will already have 'contacts'

Decent site though, had a look last time you linked it too..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.