Board logo

IVA Proof Of Amateur Build
IAN51 - 17/6/18 at 05:38 PM

Hi i wad hoping that somebody on here may have had experience if IVAing a car already built by somebody else and lacking the reciepts to prove the car was an amateur build.

The guy i bought the car off started the build in 1999 and the requirement for photographs wasnt there it was a slow build when he realised that the car was going ti need to go through SVA he photographing the build but the car was already at a rolling chassis by this point and i have these photos.

Jump forward to this year and i purchased the car in a 98 % complete condition. I have had to do a few jobs to make the car iva compliant and im very close to the point where i need to submit my paperwork but im going to struggle to prove a amateur build where would this put me in terms of the test i have reciepts for the bits that i have done but they are minimal.

Anybody on here trod this path am i about to fall into a beaucratic nightmare any advice or experience that could be given would be appreciated

[Edited on 17/6/18 by IAN51]

jps - 18/6/18 at 07:42 AM

I am interested to see the replies you get - I also bought a 'part-built', although mine was pretty much just a bare chassis with the wishbones and hubs attached so it was easier to move about...

The typical response I have seen to other queries like this is somehting along the lines of "Microsoft Word will generate all the receipts you need..."

IAN51 - 19/6/18 at 05:43 PM

Well i have started to fill out the paperwork today i shall send it off with what i have got and keep you posted as to what happens

Jordan - 14/4/19 at 01:02 PM

Hi guys, I'm looking into getting my car through iva, I don't have any photos because I bought it 90% done. Would I still be able to get it on the road? Even if I write a cover letter explaining the situation. Thanks.