Board logo

How to enter web addresses on this forum
interestedparty - 1/8/02 at 06:52 PM

I find when posting web addresses that if I put the http:// before the www. then the link works straight from the post and one can just click on it, otherwise it doesn't, and has to be typed in.

John

ChrisW - 1/8/02 at 07:04 PM

The other thing to do is put [url] before and [/url] after the address. The forum should then translate that into a clickable link.

ie
[url]www.a.link.to.a.website[/url]

The same can be done with [quote]Some text[/quote] or [img]www.a.site/an-image.jpg[/img] to put a picture into the post.

Chris

rell - 18/10/03 at 10:00 PM

HELP ME! i have been trying to put a jpg on a post and i just can not do it. it is on my c: so how do i put it on a post

ChrisW - 19/10/03 at 07:58 AM

You need to upload it to some of your own webspace or put it into the photo archive first. Then click on the 'image' button above where you type your post and paste in the URL of the image.

Chris

rell - 19/10/03 at 12:17 PM

thanks just done it

jcduroc - 9/11/03 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
You need to upload it to some of your own webspace or put it into the photo archive first. Then click on the 'image' button above where you type your post and paste in the URL of the image.

Chris

What is "my own webspace"?
I tried with the pics in my Photo Album and it doesn't work either.

Joćo

splitrivet - 25/2/04 at 05:25 PM

Talking of links anyone any idea why I cant just click em ,I have to copy and paste.
Cheers,
Bob

Staple balls - 25/2/04 at 05:30 PM

stuff

www.google.com

top one should work if you click

JoelP - 25/2/04 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Talking of links anyone any idea why I cant just click em ,I have to copy and paste.
Cheers,
Bob

if the person posting the link does a cut and paste then you shouldn't have to. If it just doesnt work, i dunno. Should just open up in a new window...

Do you browse directly thru IE or netscape etc, or do you do it thru AOL or some other such crap? On my ma's computer, it opens windows in the background so you cant find them...

coovey - 22/10/05 at 08:41 PM

Ive got a link working now but would like to have another word eg. site when pressed goes to a url. How do i do that?
Also how can i adda pic in my signature that can be pressed as a link?

Cheers

zzrpowerd-locost - 24/10/05 at 10:34 PM

Like this but without the spaces before the first url and the first img

[ url=www.velocityxt.co.uk][ img]http://www.coovey.com/velocity/velocitycouk%20logo%20small.gif[/img][/url]

and to prove it works click below

[Edited on 24-10-05 by zzrpowerd-locost]

coovey - 25/10/05 at 07:26 AM

Excellent thanks very much zzrpowerd-locost.

cheers

zzrpowerd-locost - 25/10/05 at 10:01 AM

yvw

zoom - 7/11/06 at 10:13 PM

[Edited on 7/11/06 by zoom]

[Edited on 7/11/06 by zoom]

RichieW - 6/7/07 at 01:34 PM

linky

wayhee!! I've learned a tiny bit of code!!! Everyday's a school day on LB.

[ url=www.locostbuilders.co.uk] linky [/url]

(Note to self. Just need to remove the first space)

[Edited on 6/7/07 by RichieW]

alexpaul2 - 31/5/13 at 04:10 AM

Use BB Code for your domain to get backlink