Board logo

FS: Shogun SWB. Cheap Winter Hack or Tow Vehicle
Doctor Derek Doctors - 24/11/15 at 05:02 PM

I'm iminently collecting my new pick-up so wanted to get my current car up for sale, it should be ready to go end of next week.

1997 Mitsubishi Shogun 2.5TD GLX SWB Manual

Its a UK supplied Shogun not an import Pajero, nothing wrong with Pajero's but it makes life easier when getting insurance if its a U.K model. It is genuinely the cheapest car to insure I have ever had.

165,000 miles

This is a bit of a 'timewarp' car, its in almost mint condition and remarkably nice for a workhorse 4x4 of this age. No dents or rust, interior is in one piece and pretty much everything works. It has all of the chrome options (none of which is pitted). Its all original except for the front arm rest I have fitted.

MOT until June 2016, does 29mpg, runs on Veg oil/diesel mix (3:1 in summer and 1:1) so cheap to run (cost equivalent of 40mpg).

Two M+S tyres on the front and two nearly new Firestones on the back.

Tow bar with twin electrics

It has a low GVW (for a car like this) of 2500Kg so someone with a post 1997 licence can tow a 1000kg trailer.

Really good reliable truck, the 4WD/Low Range/Transfer Box/Diff locks all work. Not the fastest thing on earth but always gets you there.

Only bad points are that the tailgate hinges are knackered so the door drops (not a difficult thing to fix), the rear bumper end caps have had their paint chipped, the spotlights dont work and the interior light doesnt come on when you open the drivers door (it does when opening other doors). Any Locoster could fix all of this pretty easily.

Would be great for hacking about in winter or for towing.

Looking for £1200 or whatever offer comes my way.

U2U or e-mail if interested.

Looks nice all polished up:

Stevie_P - 27/11/15 at 05:45 PM

If someone would take my MR2 then I'd have this in a shot.
Steve

Doctor Derek Doctors - 27/11/15 at 09:07 PM

Have both! One for winter and one for summer.

Stevie_P - 27/11/15 at 09:54 PM

I wish I could but haven't got the room.
It'd be one or the other I'm afraid.
I do fancy a change to a 4WD though...

maccmike - 28/11/15 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stevie_P
If someone would take my MR2 then I'd have this in a shot.
Steve

post the details

Stevie_P - 28/11/15 at 10:38 AM

Not sure if this is breaking any rules and don't want to derail the original thread but:

2001 / 51 MR2 Roadster in silver
80K miles
MOT until April 2016
A few dings and marks as expected given the age and mileage
Recent service / rear brakes and caliper.
Can be supplied with or without matching hardtop.

Any interested then PM me for more details rather than derailing this thread.

Steve

Doctor Derek Doctors - 4/12/15 at 10:42 AM

Bump.

Have had requests for some more pictures. Pictures as it is now, looking like a proper 4x4 should (filthy!)

nick205 - 4/12/15 at 11:38 AM

The interior light issue is most likely a worn switch on the driver's door. An easy and cheap fix for those inclined or leave it in the dark if not.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 4/12/15 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
The interior light issue is most likely a worn switch on the driver's door. An easy and cheap fix for those inclined or leave it in the dark if not.

Yeah its nothing too difficult as the light works with the other doors, if I wasnt getting a new truck I would spend a few hours fixing everything but I cant really find the motivation now.

I think any Locoster would fix all of the little things with no problems.

I know that lashings of Chrome isnt to everyones taste but its got a certain appeal and presence in a car park.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 8/12/15 at 12:42 PM

Bump, Now on ebay

1997 Misubishi Shogun SWB 2.5 TD Manual