Board logo

Parts Required - Wheels, body panels, suspension, roll cage etc
Jonb_5 - 7/1/18 at 05:49 PM

Hi,

I am building a Haynes Roadster and am on the lookout for most parts second hand, if you have anything give me a shout.

Specific parts I'm after immediately include:

Full Roll cage, msa spec
Bonnet
Scuttle Panel
Fuel tank for MX5 fuel pump.
Seats
Ford fitment 13 x 7 or 13 x 8 wheels
Suspension

Thanks for looking

Jon

Nickp - 7/1/18 at 10:37 PM

Will 13" wheels fit?

voucht - 8/1/18 at 12:25 AM

13'' wheels will definitely not fit with standard (book) rear wishbones and uprights. I once tried the 14'' from my donor (Sierra), and the wheel touched the lower bolt and nut (lower rear wishbone/rear upright liaison)

Good luck with the build though!

Have you tried registering on the Haynes Forum (http://forums.haynes.co.uk/index.php). I know a lot of people have had issues registering the past year, but I also know some could. So it is worth a try.

Jonb_5 - 8/1/18 at 02:21 PM

Many thanks for the replies.

I will be running a Ford live rear axle setup so should be OK with the wheels. Just my preference, I know it seems a bit backwards.

I have tried registering on the forum but it wont let you and there doesn't seem to be any response via email to assist either.

Thanks

Jon

nilocp - 8/1/18 at 07:58 PM

Hi Jon, I have a set of 13in wheels, 6 and 7in. They were for my abandoned project.

Compomotive ML, black, see my Photo Archive for pics.

I will take £200 for them, the tyres are free but very usable.

Must be collected from West Yorkshire

Colin

snippy - 8/1/18 at 09:51 PM

Jon,
I have a complete set of bodywork removed from a Tiger Avon. I haven't got around to advertising it yet. Let me know if interested.
Nick

Jonb_5 - 9/1/18 at 11:37 AM

Hi

Thanks for the offers . West Yorkshire is probably a bit too at for collection.

I should have probably said in based in Devon but I travel to am from London on a weekly basis so can travel most places but all around the M5 and M4 going south.

Thanks

Jon