Alan B

posted on 31/7/02 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Photo archive

Chris, I can't post any pictures. This is what I see on my screen:

http://www.desicodesign.com/locostbuilders%20screen%20cap.jpg

Where are my buttons? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 31/7/02 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Alan

Not really sure what's happening there.

1.Do you have cookies enabled on your system?

2.Does the site remember you when you login or do you need to type your username/password each time you post?

3.Go to www.locostbuilders.co.uk/read_cookie.pl and see what it reports. This script is reading the cookies stored in your machine for LocostBuilders and displaying them. In this case it should be your username and password which Internet Explorer enters automatically for you when you come to the site. If you get nothing (or wrong info) it means we've got a cookie problem. (nothing to do with diets!)

4.I've uploaded a screen grab of what it should look like http://router.netrino.co.uk/stuff/locost_grab.jpg. It's on my router which tends to have a lot of traffic on it so may take a minute to download.

Let me know how you get on!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 1/8/02 at 02:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

1.Do you have cookies enabled on your system? YES

2.Does the site remember you when you login or do you need to type your username/password each time you post? It remembers me while I'm logged-on, but when I log off I have re-enter my password.

3. It reports correctly.

4. Hmmm.. definitely different from mine!

Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Alan

David Jenkins

posted on 1/8/02 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Chris,

For info... when I was at Newark I discussed this with several people - all were having the same trouble.

Forther info... I have the same results as Alan B.

David

ChrisW

posted on 1/8/02 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm.. just had a though. Who else has had problems? Can we get a list of usernames?

Cheers, Chris.

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 1/8/02 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Try it now guys - found what I think was the problem. It certainly works for now Alan if I log in as you on this PC - if you still have no luck I suggest it's a problem at your end.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

My gaff my rules

David Jenkins

posted on 1/8/02 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Works for me now!

(2 piccies uploaded)

David

ChrisW

posted on 1/8/02 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent. I'll consider it fixed then unless Alan has any problems with it (fingers crossed!)

Chris

My gaff my rules

Alan B

posted on 1/8/02 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Excellent. I'll consider it fixed then unless Alan has any problems with it (fingers crossed!)

Chris

YES!

It works for me Chris. I just uploaded a picture of my car body plug in progress "fill, fill, fill"

Cheers,

Alan

ChrisW

posted on 1/8/02 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent. U want to know what it was?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Alan B

posted on 1/8/02 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Excellent. U want to know what it was?

Chris

Sadly, yes I would

ChrisW

posted on 1/8/02 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
..it was you awkward *#@$%ers with spaces in your names! When they get stored in the cookie spaces and punctuation get translated into +'s and %xx codes. I'd forgotten to translate them back to 'proper' characters. Doh!

Nevermind, it works now!

Chris

My gaff my rules

bass

posted on 23/8/02 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
im having trouble, i cant send pics it keeps telling me to log in, also my name dont come up to say im on line bass
ChrisW

posted on 23/8/02 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Bass - you've uploaded things already. Has it stopped working now or is this an old problem?

Chris

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.