Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bike carbs for V6?
hootsno1

posted on 11/2/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
bike carbs for V6?

Evening all
Will bike carbs fit on a jag 3.0 V6 engine, what size would thay need to be, and what ECU will be needed.
Will the gearbox fit in the tunnel of a GBS ZERO.
As i think this is going to be my weapon choice.
just need to sell my ford galaxy 2.2tdci 2009 if any one is out there looking for 1

[Edited on 11/2/11 by hootsno1]

interestedparty

posted on 11/2/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
You would need a suitable manifold made, I expect the best way would be to have the runners crossing ie carbs on left feeding the right hand bank and vice versa. You would need a Megajolt, there sill be trigger wheel already, and the Jaguar has IIRC coil on plugs, so no need for separate coil pack

Size wise, if using carbs from a 3 cylinder bike, I would have thought something from a 750-900 cc bike would do nicely. Could be a good setup, got to be more than 250bhp, maybe 270?. Bonnet clearance might be an issue, but what would be poking through would look good.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

tul214

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Bit OT but be careful with the Jag engine. Something about the gearbox being a 1:1 ratio in top gear. You will need to use the Jag diff of find another v.high ratio diff.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

hootsno1

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking would individual tbs from a R1 work then link them together, inlet will be the easy part i think thanks to my brother working in Fords tool room, its the pluming that i need to get my head around and get some measurments of this engine to see if it will fit.
thanks for you input

tomgregory2000

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Why get rid of the injection????????????
Injection is good!!

If you want to go carbs then go for 3 sets of carbs off of a suzuki sv650 or vtr1000 depending on how big you want, the vtr carbs are fecking HUGE though and both of those are designed for a Vee engine

But i would go for injection!!

hootsno1

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
the engine thats been offerd to me has no injection system with it. no loom, infact its just engine gbox/ starter and pullys.
the diff is a issue though as i want to use the sierra donor to get it through the sva then out the engine and box for the jag could be more trouble than it worth?

interestedparty

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
Bit OT but be careful with the Jag engine. Something about the gearbox being a 1:1 ratio in top gear. You will need to use the Jag diff of find another v.high ratio diff.

That's right, Jag gearbox is direct top. There are 7s about the place with the Mondeo V6 engine in, so there must be some way of using a Ford gearbox, as the Jag engine should be all the same fittings as the Mondeo V6, except quite a bit more powerful, probably too powerful for a type 9 though.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

hootsno1

posted on 11/2/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
If i got a plate made to go on the back of the engine. the use a t5 box to bolt to the plate then i would need to mate the input shaft and clutch i think this my get a bit to complicated for my first build????
thanks once again for your input

mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.