Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Admin contact
ashg

posted on 12/2/14 at 09:06 PM
this site isn't a democracy, Chris is the overlord and dictator its his site! what he says goes, i'm surprised this thread still exists

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

T66

posted on 12/2/14 at 09:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I'm with Chris myself. If he doesn't like the guys tone of post he's well within his rights to tell him to do one. I regularly turn customers away that I don't like the sound of.

Well if i owned a shop, and someone came in it and started giving me some issues, then because its my shop i retain the right to serve who i like.

This is Chris's train set, with a gentle flick of the wrist, the 13amp plug comes out the wall and Chris switches off his train set. Whatever anyone thinks about his manner, its still his train set. If you have an issue with anyone on here, let alone the site owner, you deal with it via u2 until all else fails, not start having an issue on the forum. Maybe the OP did not understand the background to how the site exists & functions, not his fault but tolerance is the key to good feng shui.

But then posts like this keep turning up every so often, lets feel the love guys, lets have a big hug and spread the warmth.

twybrow

posted on 12/2/14 at 10:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Well if i owned a shop, and someone came in it and started giving me some issues, then because its my shop i retain the right to serve who i like.

Using that analogy, the chap bought and paid for something in a shop, and just as he went to start using it (he missed the sign saying you had to wait to use it), the shopkeeper took it from him and put the money back in the customers wallet!

I agree it is Chris's site, and of course, he can pull the plug for whatever reason whenever he likes, and not serve/host who ever he likes.... But that does not mean we all have to agree with the way he does things all of the time. I have a lot of admiration for Chris for running this site on a relative shoestring - but I don't want LCBs to degrade from the awesome site it is/was, and this type of incident does nothing but harm the overall harmony, whichever side of the camp you sit.

Enuf said.

nick205

posted on 12/2/14 at 11:18 PM
Just a thought here, could Fozzie maybe broker a peace deal and get things back on track?

It does seem all parties have lost out on this one

mark chandler

posted on 13/2/14 at 12:04 AM
If I buy something on-line at 7pm I would not expect a note saying it's been processed before 9am, just because servers run 24hours a day does not mean the seller does.

£15 to a target audience is very cheap, when people are awkward on first contact it sets the future tone so I,d tell someone to do one as well...

As Fozzie has pointed out, you need to wait 24hours! The machine provided immediate confirmation and a receipt.

If the volume of new traders is low and does justify web site development then a manual process gets used, this is Chris's choice.

Not Anumber

posted on 13/2/14 at 12:38 AM
I agree with Chris. In doing so i am not seeking to make any judgement on the OP. Its just that i agree with what he has said about signs of future potential issues. Customers do sound off from time to time particularly new ones who have not taken the timecto establish the rules andcettiquette. BUT when this is patientlyvpointed out to them it is their place to learn, wind their neck in and start again. What the OP has done is to ome back with comments that could only agrecate and inflame. Wrong move. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. If it acts like an awkward customer and bleats about having to wait overnight for a fifteen quid service then it most likely is an awkward customer.

Fozzie

posted on 13/2/14 at 12:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
If I buy something on-line at 7pm I would not expect a note saying it's been processed before 9am, just because servers run 24hours a day does not mean the seller does.

£15 to a target audience is very cheap, when people are awkward on first contact it sets the future tone so I,d tell someone to do one as well...

As Fozzie has pointed out, you need to wait 24hours! The machine provided immediate confirmation and a receipt.

If the volume of new traders is low and does justify web site development then a manual process gets used, this is Chris's choice.

Absolutely! the Traders page does state 24-36 hours.
If a request/payment comes through via Paypal during the evening, and the upgrade has to be made manually, then I do think it is unreasonable to expect Chris to be permanently logged in to the site/paypal through the evening and night, hence the please wait 24-36 hours, and if after then, the upgrade hasn't happened let us know!

That info isn't hidden, it is right under the 'choose and pay' button.

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Peteff

posted on 13/2/14 at 10:33 AM
In the words of Al Murray. I think it's all a bit of a misunderstanding due to impatience but
my gaff
my gaff

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

cliftyhanger

posted on 13/2/14 at 10:49 AM
Chris has been justified in all this.
The trader EXPECTS things to be done almost instantly, and has failed to understand this site. All been said earlier, but Chris knows that it is better to cut his losses on here, some peoples money isn't worth taking.

sdh2903

posted on 13/2/14 at 10:59 AM
Jesus you lot! Everyone would think that the guy had stolen you're children whilst slaughtering fluffy kittens.

He's a small business eager to drum up some business, If he wasn't keen to get business and a wider customer base there would be something majorly wrong.

Please people a little common sense and perspective.

I seriously would have expected Fozzie or Chris to have been a bit more grown up over this.

[Edited on 13/2/14 by sdh2903]

Fozzie

posted on 13/2/14 at 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903...........I seriously would have expected Fozzie or Chris to have been a bit more grown up over this.

It is Chris' site, he is the Boss! I have no powers over him, nor do I have any jurisdiction on the financial side
All I have done is reiterate the terms ie the 'waiting period' for new Traders.....so..me, 'be a bit more grown up' ? seriously?

[Edited on 13-2-14 by Fozzie]

sdh2903

posted on 13/2/14 at 11:10 AM
Yes seriously, you along with Chris are the only admin staff on here and would have expected a slightly more grown up response rather than just quoting forum rules and regulations. This is Obviously a MISUNDERSTANDING and if this is how keen and enthusiastic (if not slightly impatient) traders are to be treated then the trader section will just stagnate.

Again a little perspective required.

Fozzie

posted on 13/2/14 at 11:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Yes seriously, you along with Chris are the only admin staff on here and would have expected a slightly more grown up response rather than just quoting forum rules and regulations. This is Obviously a MISUNDERSTANDING and if this is how keen and enthusiastic (if not slightly impatient) traders are to be treated then the trader section will just stagnate.

Again a little perspective required.

And again ..... Chris spoke first, he is the boss, I am only admin for the site, NOT the financial side ('Contributors and Registered Traders'.) That part of the site, is outside of my jurisdiction.

Chris is NOT an Admin he is the site Owner .....the terms I quoted were to let other contributors to this thread
know exactly what Chris was talking about.

Edited for Typo

[Edited on 13-2-14 by Fozzie]

sdh2903

posted on 13/2/14 at 11:36 AM
I give up
DW100

posted on 13/2/14 at 12:25 PM
I assume the OP will be spending 24 hours a day 365 days a year in his workshop, so that when someone orders a part from him it can be immediately dispatched and will be understanding when the customer complains that it is not there by 8.30 the next morning.

To me it all sounds a little desperate.

Not Anumber

posted on 13/2/14 at 12:59 PM
Perhaps the OP just forgot to remove his welding mask when reading the terms and conditions.

Alfa145

posted on 13/2/14 at 06:37 PM
Traders dealt with harshly today, perhaps tomorrow it will be contributors?

It's Chris's ball and he'll take it home if he wants.....

nick205

posted on 13/2/14 at 09:15 PM
Time to lock this thread IMHO and move on.

perksy

posted on 13/2/14 at 09:36 PM
Perhaps it might be a good idea to Delete the thread ?

Chris and Fozzie run the site and without their efforts we wouldn't have a site to comment on in the first place.

So Lets have a group hug and talk cars and engines instead

Fozzie

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Time to lock this thread IMHO and move on.

Yep totally agree Nick

<<  1    2  >>

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.