Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nasty accident at TWF last weekend!
daniel mason

posted on 3/6/14 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Nasty accident at TWF last weekend!

Glad to see Wallace Menzies is ok After the accident at shelsley Walsh last weekend. Videos on youtube.
Search Wallace Menzies crash shelsley Walsh

PAUL FISHER

posted on 3/6/14 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Glad he was ok
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EClOWH2dYg

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

sdh2903

posted on 3/6/14 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote

Nickp

posted on 3/6/14 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
OUCH!! That was a big one!!
ian locostzx9rc2

Just looked at vid is he ok massive crash!!!!!!!!
cerbera

oh my
bi22le

posted on 3/6/14 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah real shame. I have never watched him before you mentioned the link but always a shame to see a car smashed to bits. I dont know if he is privateer but I always feel for them more when they are. Looking at the other videos it seems he has been a serious top runner for a while. That car is a beast!!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 3/6/14 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
He's at home and doing ok. He's a front runner in BHC and has been for a while now and is always good to watch. That car really does scream on full chat!
He's put a link on uphillracers thanking the marshals and medics and said he's ok!
Ash mason had a big one too and is also doing well! Hans devices doing a good job in preventing injury and those DJ carbon tubs seem supremely strong!

CNHSS1

posted on 3/6/14 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
fractured cheek bone and a few other bruises. Hes a tough Scot, suggested it was no worse than a rough game of Rugby
made the BBC and the Times too

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Mr C

posted on 3/6/14 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
One lucky chappie, I wish him well.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

daniel mason

posted on 3/6/14 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon tub seemed to hold up extremely well!

phelpsa

posted on 3/6/14 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
He's at home and doing ok. He's a front runner in BHC and has been for a while now and is always good to watch. That car really does scream on full chat!
He's put a link on uphillracers thanking the marshals and medics and said he's ok!
Ash mason had a big one too and is also doing well! Hans devices doing a good job in preventing injury and those DJ carbon tubs seem supremely strong!

Was glad to see that Wallace suffered so few injuries from such a large shunt, it is indeed testament to the strength of the DJ tubs.

However it should probably also be noted that Ash's car is a spaceframe

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JimSpencer

posted on 4/6/14 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

It was one of 'those' weekends..
Number of broken cars in practice (mine included - big end rattle) was surprising, couple of bent ones too

Then on Sunday they're were a couple of crashes, Wallaces being huge

But everybody got out and more or less walked away, so on that score all is well, and we'll all be back

Grimsdale

posted on 4/6/14 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
why is there no barrier on the inside of that corner? i've seen a few youtube videos of big crashes on that corner (though have never visited).
JimSpencer

posted on 4/6/14 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grimsdale
why is there no barrier on the inside of that corner? i've seen a few youtube videos of big crashes on that corner (though have never visited).

Hi

Well firstly - you've got to fix the Latter... Shelsley Walsh (& Prescott) has to be on ever Petrolheads 'Must Go' list, you'll struggle to see such a fantastic collection of cars and have such a good day out anywhere else that doesn't cost a fortune to get in..
Or better still, get you kit together and have a go.. best thing I ever did with our Striker.

Secondly Shelsley is very historic track, it's the same course as used in 1905, paddock and buildings basically likewise - and changes happen really slowly, a bit like preserving a historic building I suppose.

Saying that though, the Spectator enclosures are very well done indeed and changes to the inside of the course have been done (the bit that most cars vaulted over in the past is just after Crossing corner - about 100m before Wallace's shunt - and that's had the bank redone to stop it happening) so I suspect this will continue and we'll see changes there too.

Google - Midland Automobile Club for more info

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.