Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Crossflow Garage Clearout
beebo82

posted on 12/8/14 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Crossflow Garage Clearout

As I am on to pastures new, it is time to pass on the mighty crossflow collection that I have gathered. List below, photos available on request. All prices exclude postage, obviously the engines and cylinder heads would need to be collected.

Dry sump set up:

Pace oil tank, Titan 5 port dry sump pump, Piper dry sump pan, remote oil filter. Over £1000 worth of dry sump setup. Will include all pipework etc although you may wish to change this to suit your routing. £offers

Engines:

Rebuilt 711m short block, just bored and honed by Headline MK to plus 90thou to make it a 1700. 1300 pistons (for higher compression, takes it from 9:1 to 10.5:1), standard conrods and crank (crank reground +10thou), Kent 234 cam, single vernier timing gear. 3 fresh coats of black engine enamel. Cost me £500 in parts and machining so just looking to recover that cost. Will provide a brand new set of gaskets and covers etc if needed. £500
Rebuilt 711m short block, rebuilt 800 miles ago with 1300 pistons (10.5:1 compression ratio), standard conrods, crank reground +30thou, Vegantune VT2 (same as Kent 244) cam, duplex vernier timing gear and chain. Made 130bhp at Northampton Motorsports in June this year. Available in September (currently in car) £500
711m engine block, bored out +90thou and skimmed but this was before my time, so I would suggest checking for tolerance before building up £50

Cylinder Heads etc:

Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported (very large), just had new guides fitted and a skim at Headline MK at a cost of £180 (head and valves only), will paint black or red as preferred! £200
Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported, double valve springs, steel post rockers, checked by Headline MK 800 miles ago and confirmed to be in great condition. Fresh black enamel paint. £275
Standard 1600 cylinder head, complete, looks good but I haven't tested it £100
Rocker set with steel posts £40
Rocker cover with two breather vent caps £20

Cams, cranks and timing gears:

1600GT cam with matched 711m followers £25
Brand new Piper BP270 fast road cam with matched brand new single springs £100
Good spare 1600 crank £20
Standard timing gear and chain £5
Ancillaries:
Distributer (vac type) complete £10
Water pump x 2 £5 each
Oil pump x 2 £5 each
Mechanical fuel pump x 2 £5 each
Standard alternator (untested) £10
Starter motor £10
Any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers

Barny

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Dick Axtell

posted on 12/8/14 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Beebo82, Have sent U2U.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

beebo82

posted on 12/8/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
One fuel pump sold pending payment
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 12/8/14 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Any pics of the rocker cover?
beebo82

posted on 13/8/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes no problem, I'm away at the moment but will post one up when I get home.
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 14/8/14 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beebo82
Yes no problem, I'm away at the moment but will post one up when I get home.

Thanks

windsor

posted on 21/9/14 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beebo82
As I am on to pastures new, it is time to pass on the mighty crossflow collection that I have gathered. List below, photos available on request. All prices exclude postage, obviously the engines and cylinder heads would need to be collected.

Dry sump set up:

Pace oil tank, Titan 5 port dry sump pump, Piper dry sump pan, remote oil filter. Over £1000 worth of dry sump setup. Will include all pipework etc although you may wish to change this to suit your routing. £offers

Engines:

Rebuilt 711m short block, just bored and honed by Headline MK to plus 90thou to make it a 1700. 1300 pistons (for higher compression, takes it from 9:1 to 10.5:1), standard conrods and crank (crank reground +10thou), Kent 234 cam, single vernier timing gear. 3 fresh coats of black engine enamel. Cost me £500 in parts and machining so just looking to recover that cost. Will provide a brand new set of gaskets and covers etc if needed. £500
Rebuilt 711m short block, rebuilt 800 miles ago with 1300 pistons (10.5:1 compression ratio), standard conrods, crank reground +30thou, Vegantune VT2 (same as Kent 244) cam, duplex vernier timing gear and chain. Made 130bhp at Northampton Motorsports in June this year. Available in September (currently in car) £500
711m engine block, bored out +90thou and skimmed but this was before my time, so I would suggest checking for tolerance before building up £50

Cylinder Heads etc:

Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported (very large), just had new guides fitted and a skim at Headline MK at a cost of £180 (head and valves only), will paint black or red as preferred! £200
Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported, double valve springs, steel post rockers, checked by Headline MK 800 miles ago and confirmed to be in great condition. Fresh black enamel paint. £275
Standard 1600 cylinder head, complete, looks good but I haven't tested it £100
Rocker set with steel posts £40
Rocker cover with two breather vent caps £20

Cams, cranks and timing gears:

1600GT cam with matched 711m followers £25
Brand new Piper BP270 fast road cam with matched brand new single springs £100
Good spare 1600 crank £20
Standard timing gear and chain £5
Ancillaries:
Distributer (vac type) complete £10
Water pump x 2 £5 each
Oil pump x 2 £5 each
Mechanical fuel pump x 2 £5 each
Standard alternator (untested) £10
Starter motor £10
Any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers

Barny

Hi sent u2u

beebo82

posted on 21/9/14 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Everything now sold

Cheers

Barny

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.