Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Most viewed threads
Slimy38

posted on 13/4/16 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Most viewed threads

Is it just me, or is the 'most viewed threads' box getting more and more irrelevant? One is about an Octavia Greenline, which they don't even make anymore!!

I do wonder whether the problem is self perpetuation, the most views puts it on the front page where it gets more views, etc.

Should it be tweaked to be the 'most viewed in the last 12 months' or something? Although the wishbone failure thread should be put somewhere safe as it's a regular occurrence.

and yes, I'm bored at work with very little else to do...

loggyboy

posted on 13/4/16 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
This forum has quite a good search engine listing, its more likely the search engines and bots are linking to the posts and keeping them bumped.

Mistral Motorsport

twybrow

posted on 13/4/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
The Octavia piece is because a thread on here appeared high up on the list in a Google search if you were looking for details of that vehicle. So Locostbuilders was inundated with visitors who stayed just to read that one thread.

I would agree, a rolling top 10 would be more use and interest, but I cannot see Chris W spending the time/effort needed to make that change.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 13/4/16 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Is there some sort of 'Bot' action going on? The wishbone bending thread (at the bottom of the list) has 131,000 views! Surely thats not all actual people?

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 14/4/16 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Amusing

I posted about the Octavia Greenline years ago after being given one as a courtesy car when my Passat was being serviced. I like the car and commented on here about it. For some reason it became the most viewed thread for a long time. As above I suspect Google and other search engines threw it up for everyone looking for info on that model of car.

Still maintain it was a very good car TBH - a little sluggish with a small diesel, but the the economy was outstanding and it was pleasant enough to drive. Certainly better than the awful Volve V50 Drive 1.6D I had a while later - great looking car externally IMHO, but a drastic fail internally and to drive.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.