Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: uploading photo's
windy

posted on 19/6/16 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
uploading photo's

Hi, can someone please explain in simple terms how to add an image or a photo to a post. I do not use photo-bucket or any thing like that, I have photo's and images on my pc but can not get them to upload on to photo archive. Thanks.
SteveWallace

posted on 19/6/16 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
i) The first thing to do is to make sure that your pictures are small enough (in terms of file size) to load into your photo archive. Any pictures straight from even a relatively cheap camera or phone will be too large and this site will not allow you to upload them. If you open a picture into something like windows photo editor/gallery you should see an option to resize so do that to a medium or small file size and then save as a different file name (don't use brackets in the name or this site will not accept it).

ii) Click into the 'photo archive' tab on this site and then click on 'browse' to find the photo that you want to upload. Add a description if you want and then click on 'upload'. As long as the file name is in the correct format (i.e. made up of just normal words/characters) and the file is not to large, it should appear uploaded into one of the boxes. Avoid generic file names that might be the same as someone else has used as this can occasionally cause problems.

iii) To put a picture into something you post in a discussion thread you will need to open a second window so that you can have your photo archive open at the same time as you are writing the thread (not strictly necessary, but easier). When you want to add a picture, just click on it and it will enlarge and you should see a box at the top labelled 'forum code'. Copy the code (it will be in the form [pg]*****[/pg]) and paste it into your post. When you preview your post you should be able to see the picture.

The most common problems are the pictures being too big or the file names being too complex.

Good luck!

gremlin1234

posted on 19/6/16 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
also all photos have to have a unique (to the site) name, so best to rename car.jpg to windys-car.jpg
windy

posted on 20/6/16 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks gents, the fog is lifting. Pete

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.