Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I think I am starting a YouTube Channel
bi22le

posted on 7/3/24 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think I am starting a YouTube Channel

I am in the very fortunate situation of currently being a stay at home dad. This come about after being made redundant and my wife proving time and time again that she is far more intelligent and talented then me!

I have some content and a good friend who is very good at editing. One of the final hurdles is the YouTube channel name.

So, I open it up to the floor. I have some good ideas but don't really want to disclose them yet, I was wondering if you lot had any good suggestions. It does not have to include the below but here is some direction.

- My name is Bizzle or Bizz
- I am an engineer and love engineering, there are some puns to be had
- It's kit car and track day focussed with me talking about my kit car, doing quite basic work on it, it's design and modifications (so far anyway)
- I like a pun
- It should be snappy and easy to remember
- Unique, so not something like Bizzle on Cars

I would also be interested in your thoughts or advice. What would you like to see or hear about. What don't like. If you have created content what advice do you have.

Cheers.

Beer tokens or a possible feature waiting if it gets off the ground!!!

[Edited on 7/3/24 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

gremlin1234

posted on 7/3/24 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I am in the very fortunate situation of currently being a stay at home dad. This come about after being made redundant and my wife proving time and time again that she is far more intelligent and talented then me!

I have some content and a good friend who is very good at editing. One of the final hurdles is the YouTube channel name.

So, I open it up to the floor. I have some good ideas but don't really want to disclose them yet, I was wondering if you lot had any good suggestions. It does not have to include the below but here is some direction.

- My name is Bizzle or Bizz
- I am an engineer and love engineering, there are some puns to be had
- It's kit car and track day focussed with me talking about my kit car, doing quite basic work on it, it's design and modifications (so far anyway)
- I like a pun
- It should be snappy and easy to remember
- Unique, so not something like Bizzle on Cars

I would also be interested in your thoughts or advice. What would you like to see or hear about. What don't like. If you have created content what advice do you have.

Cheers.

Beer tokens or a possible feature waiting if it gets off the ground!!!

just be bizzle, it will also allow you to not just do cars, but whatever takes your fancy in the future.
I can imagine future vids with titles like...
bizzle does cars, i , ii, iii
kit cars with bizz
bizzle loves music
bizzle at home
and
It's the bizz pt1 & 2

scudderfish

posted on 8/3/24 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Is he whizzy? Let's get Bizzy!
nick205

posted on 8/3/24 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Like others on here, I...

1. Love cars
2. Enjoyed building a kit car
3. Enjoyed getting the best from it

My personal advice for YouTube content would be to keep the videos fairly short (many people don't have hours to spend watching or massive attention spans).

Keep the content focussed on things that will amuse and help fellow builders get the best from their cars (vehicle setups, short clips on tools of need/choice, workspace setup etc.)

loggyboy

posted on 8/3/24 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Bizzle will be fairly popular, there is a streamer and the singer/rapper (Lethal Bizzle)
However the TY name is largely unimportant, its not like a domain name which will show on search engines.
Id aim for a name more relevant to the content than you. Or a mix.

Mistral Motorsport

Quinten

posted on 8/3/24 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
a little bizz of engineering
MikeR

posted on 8/3/24 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wizzy Bizzy
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/3/24 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Wizzy Bizzy

Hmm re-living your childhood I think

Description
Description

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 8/3/24 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Tea & Bizz-kits

(Start each episode with a close up dunking a biscuit in a mug of tea with your logo on the side)

General note, if you want to see what a "perfect" car related YT channel looks like then look no further than M539 Restorations. Absolutely top class content and production.

Good luck!

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/3/24 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think I'm the only one going many of the comments on YT, but playing loud rock music over what would have been better either talking or just normal sound absolutely sucks... (although I am sitting here with Primus blasting out my earbuds )

Also hate crappy computer voice overs, if I wanted that I'd watch some Buck Rodgers. Usually results in a block channel...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 8/3/24 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I don't think I'm the only one going many of the comments on YT, but playing loud rock music over what would have been better either talking or just normal sound absolutely sucks... (although I am sitting here with Primus blasting out my earbuds )

Also hate crappy computer voice overs, if I wanted that I'd watch some Buck Rodgers. Usually results in a block channel...

Agreed, blaring music and synthesised speech can ruin otherwise reasonable content.

bi22le

posted on 9/3/24 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Tea & Bizz-kits

(Start each episode with a close up dunking a biscuit in a mug of tea with your logo on the side)

General note, if you want to see what a "perfect" car related YT channel looks like then look no further than M539 Restorations. Absolutely top class content and production.

Good luck!

Tea and Bizz-kits. I like that!!

Thanks for your input peeps. I'll make sure I put a link on LCB when it finally launches.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/3/24 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have noticed there are two distinct types of YT car guys, one is experienced the other is a wannabe fame craver. Only one is worth watching imo -

Type 1

. Wears trainers, shorts and often a baseball cap
. Wears poncey gloves to do anything... heaven forbid their fair virgin skin be soiled!
. Uses outrageously over the top tools that look suspiciously unused housed in a mobile tool box as big as their car
. Their garage is so clean, well it's as though they never do anything...

Type 2

. Looks like Worzel Gummidge in a boiler suit (look him up kids)
. Hands look like a rhinos dirty arse
. All the tools seem to be at least 3rd hand and modified by Mr Welder
. Garage has a car shaped space carved out of all the crap in there and has probably been on fire several times

bi22le

posted on 12/3/24 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
They are extreme but I know where you are coming from!

I think I'm mainly type 2 but new age?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I have noticed there are two distinct types of YT car guys, one is experienced the other is a wannabe fame craver. Only one is worth watching imo -

Type 1

. Wears trainers, shorts and often a baseball cap
. Wears poncey gloves to do anything... heaven forbid their fair virgin skin be soiled!
. Uses outrageously over the top tools that look suspiciously unused housed in a mobile tool box as big as their car
. Their garage is so clean, well it's as though they never do anything...

Type 2

. Looks like Worzel Gummidge in a boiler suit (look him up kids)
. Hands look like a rhinos dirty arse
. All the tools seem to be at least 3rd hand and modified by Mr Welder
. Garage has a car shaped space carved out of all the crap in there and has probably been on fire several times

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.