Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mnr vortx on e-bay
andy d (rizla)

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
mnr vortx on e-bay

wow never thought id see one for sale part built

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=29750&item=4563213913&rd=1

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Good spot Andy!

Very surprised also that one of these would be sold off so soon after Marc and Chris started their enterprise! He must have had one of the first kits delivered!?

Thanks for pointing that out though as I would never had thought to look on eBay for one... Plus I haven't been able to find a picture of a VortX with a set of Cobra hoops fitted! (As that's what I've ordered for my kit!)

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GrahamC

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
That would be mine. The pressures of family life have proven too much; I've two kids under 3 and unfortunately I can't dedicate the time to the kit that it warrants and spend time with my kids, so it's got to go.

I'll try and build another one when the kids are older, and it'll probably be a Vortx again (if they're still around!) but I'm not sure it'll be a BEC.

I've had a huge amount of interest so hopefully it'll go to a good home.

donut

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Bargain for someone!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

smart51

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Oh Man! but it looks so good. I almost wish I'd got a black one myself. The list of things to do looks quite short, are you sure you can't spare 1/2 hr a week to get things done? It's such a shame!

If it has to go, I hope you get a good price for it, although perhaps MNR could trailer it away and return it fully built, for a small fee.

Have you spoke to Marc? I believe that he's inundated with interest in the VortX. Perhaps he could put you in touch with someone who would want to buy it as is.

Winston Todge

posted on 21/7/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I certainly think they'll still be around when you have fewer more important responsibilities, based on MNR's current position and Marc and Chris's attitude to the industry... 8)

Good luck with everything and you never know, there might even be a bike engine weighing 20kgs and producing 200bhp by then to win you back around from those boat anchors...

Why wouldn't you build another BEC out of curiousity?

Thanks for any help,

Chris.

GrahamC

posted on 21/7/05 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't build another BEC because I don't want to have to face parting with £700 for a reverse box. Having pushed this fella up and down the driveway a few times (slight slope) there's no way I'd manage without a reverse box.

Also, my views have changed as to what I'd use the car for (maybe I'm getting older!), so I now feel a more "relaxed" drive is what I'm after.

With a bit of luck and a prevailing wind I'm going to get myself an Elise as my 2nd car - so I hope I get a good price 'cos an Elise aint cheap!

andy d (rizla)

posted on 21/7/05 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
i know what its like when you have to sell things you dont realy want too,but one has to do what one must

when it sells put the owner in touch with the rest of us owners feel free to give my e-mail etc to them

when there are a few more on the road i hope to set up a owners club with mnrs help(they dont know that yet by the way)

Petemate

posted on 21/7/05 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Graham
The absence of a reverse box isn't all that bad. My lad has a 'Busa Dax without reverse. When he puts it away, he drives it through my garage, up the garden, and into his garage. To take it out, gravity (and some clever steering) brings it through and back to the road. No problem.
FWIW
Petemate

donut

posted on 21/7/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have a steep drive going to my garage so..... must go into garage backwards...must go into garage backwards...must go into garage backwards...must go into garage backwards...

ok, it's sunk in

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Dillinger1977

posted on 22/7/05 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
damn, i knew you were on a downer but thought you might have talked yourself out of it in a week or so!

gutted for you mate!

-Rog

GrahamC

posted on 22/7/05 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
The interest has been exceptional - which must say something about how popular MNR are! But the kit has now sold, I'm sorry to see it go - but such is life.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.