Board logo

New build advice
Goro - 1/7/19 at 09:44 PM

Hi everyone,

I started a build 6 months ago (my first build), the chassis are my own design all is from scratch. Firstly it started as a track only build, but I had a change of mind and decided to make it road legal (costs considered). I am aware that this question has been asked a lot, but I am wondering what kind of paperwork or proof will I need to pass IVA and register the build as a road legal one(q plate is not a problem). For instance if I buy readymade chassis from a chassis manufacturer, I get papers and invoice that prove it has been built to a standard. I am wondering what limitations there are to a build such as this.

Thank you

ReMan - 1/7/19 at 10:57 PM

There is no single standard other than the Iva manual.
Add sound engineering practice to this and you could get anything through an Iva without any specific paperwork.
The paperwork from most chassis/car suppliers is only a receipt, not proof of any specific standard, though possibly Iva compliant by design.
My quick 2p th

Best spend som time searching here,itís all been done and asked before