Board logo

Disc conversion, English axle, VAG callipers
Phil5062 - 15/6/18 at 10:58 PM

I’m in a can’t decide mode. I’ve got a Fisher Fury with a hydraulic rear handbrake (xr3 disc and front calliper conversion)

But I want to make it road legal and sort a decent handbrake out. I thought I’d go for original with drums and got myself some 9” backplstes etc.

How antiquated is the handbrake assembly though? Connecting rod, flexy link, bushing...

Chatting to Lee at rally design he told me not to go for Wilson’s rear callipers as handbrake is poor, but mentioned their VAG conversion.

I can’t see it on their website... google comes up with a lead on Turbosport but it’s 10 years old...

Has anyone got a contact for the adapter plate/kit please?

I like the thought that if I’m going to change I may as well go for a lighter weight option.

P.S I’ll be listing my 9” drum set up I reckon

Chanks in advance
Phil

watsonpj - 16/6/18 at 11:59 AM

The standard handbrake system is great. its nice and simple and easy to adjust and there isnt that much to wrong and locks up the rears real well.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 16/6/18 at 12:04 PM

Plus 1 if you can get all the parts drum brakes are lighter and handbrake is really good

Phil5062 - 16/6/18 at 09:09 PM

Would the mk1 drum handbrake linkages mate up with a mk2 handbrake linkage rod and cable? (I’ve a mk2 english axle)