Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto Chassis Tip
merlin

posted on 6/3/02 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Pinto Chassis Tip

Might be of use those of you that are using the Pinto lump? According to the Robin Hood site their RH chassis is 14" high which is 1" higher than the Locost so that the Pinto doesn't stick through the bonnet! Wish I had read this before I got my jigsaw out! Can be simply achieved by laying another tube on top of top rails (to keep to the book cutting sizes) or you can rework the cutting list. Believe me, if you are fitting the Pinto this is a valid point 'cos its b***** tall!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 6/3/02 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I believe that the MKIndy chassis (designed for the Pinto) is 1" taller too.
Not sure if this is just at the rails point or over the rear of the car too.

Bob, can you confirm?

I think it'd look a little weird to weld rails onto the top of the current ones wouldn't it? But that being said, to do it by instead extending the height will affect an awful lot of tubes and I've a nasty feeling it'll change the angle of the front suspension brackets which may be a problem.

Perhaps someone could confirm this?

James

merlin

posted on 6/3/02 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
If you lay 2 tubes from the drivers side of scuttle to nose all you need do is make the side panels 1" taller and nobody will ever know!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.