Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA legal VIN TAG & CHASSIS Pneumatic marking.
Slinky

posted on 5/6/17 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
IVA legal VIN TAG & CHASSIS Pneumatic marking.

VIN Tag & Chassis pneumatic marking.

Hey guys, Thought I'd mention the company I bought my chassis and body from, offer a FULL VIN service.
They have a pneumatic marking machine and offer VIN tags as well as weld on chassis plates and marking directly on to box section
with absolutely NO distortion. You can even send them your own VIN design and they will make it for you!
All the info is on their website. The company is Bespoke Vehicle Developments. www.595s.co.uk
Several members have used their services and have had quite a few mentions in other forums.
Prices seem very good too for a professional factory look!
After all.... We spend shed loads of time and money building our cars... Why skimp on the very thing that gives it its identity??

Slinky

loggyboy

posted on 5/6/17 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Are you on commission?

Mistral Motorsport

Slinky

posted on 5/6/17 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
No. But I am impressed with what they do.
I have nothing to gain or lose by helping other people get proper kit car ID.
Considering how many times people have tried to find someone that offers this service,
I'm surprised you'd ask!! (Tongue in cheek).

I've been to hundreds of shows over the years and looked at hundreds of (if not thousands) of vehicles.
One thing I saw over and over was bodged methods of marking the chassis with the VIN.
Dremels, Deformed box, not uniform, uneven indentations. The list goes on.
So... If someone goes to the trouble to HAND BUILD a car from scratch, it only seems fitting
that others should know there are companies out there, for a few pennies, add a professional
stamp to the car they so lovingly created.

You don't see anyone waving a dremel round at ford or any other manufacturer do you?
And as each car is "manufactured" by its owner, A manufactured stamp seems logical.
After all.... Its not cheap to build the car in the first place is it? So why wave a dremel
or wield a hammer after all that hard work? No brainer to me. It also shows attention to detail.
Especially when people are looking at it, as the vast majority like to show their creations off.
So no. I do not have any links to BVD other than my own car and the services they offer.
At the prices they charge, I cant see how they make a profit from that service, so I'd have no chance! lol.
Slinky.

CosKev3

posted on 5/6/17 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think one thread was enough tbh
loggyboy

posted on 5/6/17 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3

especially combined with the mutiple recommendations everytime the subject as come up in last few weeks.

Mistral Motorsport

CosKev3

posted on 5/6/17 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3

especially combined with the mutiple recommendations everytime the subject as come up in last few weeks.

Cheating the traders fee ftw

pekwah1

posted on 5/6/17 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I think the fact that you have posted 3 separate threads all promoting the website, and replied to at least 2 others with the same thing would ring bells for most that you are in some way affiliated.

No one minds a bit of promotion done in the right way, but from the frequency and wording, i would in my honest opinion also assume you are connected in some way.

pekwah1

posted on 5/6/17 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
and the posting history with subject headers:

05/6/17 at 09:56 - IVA legal VIN TAG & CHASSIS Pneumatic marking.
05/6/17 at 09:51 - VIN Tag & Chassis pneumatic marking.

05/6/17 at 09:38 - Dremel bit for engraving chassis number?
15/5/17 at 14:42 - VIN Stamping
15/5/17 at 14:32 - Weld-On Chassis VIN plates.
5/10/16 at 13:50 - BARCHETTA 595!! Back from Extinction!!

those in bold OP is slinky, tells me enough...

fishywick

posted on 5/6/17 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Slinky,

Some pics of the Barchetta 595 that you were going to build would be more interesting.

You said in October that you expected to have it finished in a month.

Quote - 'I placed my order yesterday and parted with my hard earned £5500 (6 weeks delivery time) and I'm now in the process of sourcing a BMW R1200RT bike (05 to 08) as it uses the engine, gearbox, loom, ecu, front down pipes, Instrument cluster etc.
So. In a nut shell... I will be the proud owner of one of these cars very soon and it should only take a month or so to build it as its pretty much a bolt together thing.
Regards, Slinky'

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.