Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Start Circuit Cutoff Relay - removal?
speed8

posted on 14/6/11 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Start Circuit Cutoff Relay - removal?

As per the title.

Has anybody removed the relay from the loom and bypassed it completely. I left the car laid up for a few months while I sorted out a house move and now the relay just buzzes at me.
Tried two different, charged, batteries with no change. When you turn on the electrics the fuel pump relay side of it just clicks at me and if you try and start you just get buzzing.

This will be the second one that has goosed itself (the other one was a couple of years ago).

Cheers

Pezza

posted on 14/6/11 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yep can easily be removed. Can't remember off the top of my head, but a gander at wiring diagram should see you right

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

speed8

posted on 15/6/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

Is it as simple as getting a couple of Maplins relays and wiring them in or did you just hard wire the fuel pump?

The bit that confuses me slightly is all the diodes in there but I guess most of it is for the cut out sensors which are all redundant.

Pezza

posted on 16/6/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I put the fuel pump through a relay, other than that it was just removing the no start circuits like clutch, side stand and neutral.
Mine also had the cyclelock which I removed from the equation too.
Once you remove the starter relay it's just a matter of supplying power and earths realy.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

speed8

posted on 18/6/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Missed your reply, cheers for that.

Got it running in the end. Think I actually have a couple of goosed batteries in the garage. Take them off the charger at 12.7V ish and if you put a meter on the terminals you can actually see the voltage dropping off to about 11.5V with nothing connected.

Went out and bought an Odyssey PC545 and it fired up first time. All good for now but I'll maybe look at removing the cutoff relay as a winter project.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.