Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto Dip Stick
hearntd

posted on 8/4/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Pinto Dip Stick

I'm after a dip stick for my 2.0 Pinto, it seems that when the engine is at running temp it allows oil to bubble through a little .

Any one with one that is willing to part with it for beer tokens or a plan B (I'm thinking a cork) much appresiated

SteveWalker

posted on 8/4/12 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Could it be that the problem is not the dispstick but a high crankcase pressure? Worn rings? Blocked crankcase breather?
snapper

posted on 8/4/12 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I guarantee it's a blocked breather, I had the same problem oil bubbling out the dipstick, re did the breathers problem solved.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

jacko

posted on 8/4/12 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have the breather going it a oil catch tank ? if so have you removed the one way valve in the flame trap ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 8/4/12 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Check the mesh in the oil filler cap as well, that acts as a breather.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hearntd

posted on 8/4/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have do have a catch tank and I do have vapours come out of it when up and running, I also have removed the one way valve for an alloy unit. but I think I will have a look at that just in case it's got cloged up.

Thanks guys didn't think of that, will report back soon...

hearntd

posted on 8/4/12 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Well just checked it all out and I can blow through all hoses freely to and from the catch tank. I have cleaned the tank filter out but it was quite clean to be fair. I did however find a new dip stick and tube (very strange don't quite know were that came from) so I will have a go with these in the morning.
jacko

posted on 9/4/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Very daft Q but have you got the right amount of oil in the sump there was a case like this a few years ago and he had the wrong dip stick this was on a pinto too
Jacko
Have a read of this link all the way down
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=71817

[Edited on 9/4/12 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hearntd

posted on 9/4/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hum, thats interesting thansk for the info, I did notice that the new tube and stick I found were actually longer that the old one by a fraction so maybe it was just the wrong parts for the engine??? well I will keep an eye on it and see how she goes...

Thanks again
T

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.