Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For Sale: Mac#1 Type 9R Worx (R1 engine) (2009)
speed8

posted on 21/5/12 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
For Sale: Mac#1 Type 9R Worx (R1 engine) (2009)

I started building this car before any thoughts of family came along and just before SVA the wee man turned up. Haven't really had a chance to drive it much as I try and make sure my weekends are with the family these days.
The cash will go towards a new double garage so I have somewhere to tinker during the week when I'm home.

Pictures on Pistonheads at the link below. Looking for about £10k although I don't want to think about how much time and money went into it. Any questions, give me a call at the number on the link or PM me through here.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3919733.htm

Mac#1 Motorsports Type 9R Worx. Only 100 miles.
- '59 plate
- 2003 R1 engine
- Gaz Gold Shocks
- Compomotive CXR 13inch wheels
- Toyo R888 tyres
- Quick Release Steering Wheel (Sparco with Lifeline QR hub)
- Smiths Telemetrix Gauges
- LSD
- Power Commander
- Custom 4-2-1 exhaust
- Willans harnesses
- Willwood 4 pots on the front
- Racetech mirrors

More that I probably can't remember.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Spud1985

posted on 20/8/12 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sold to me

[Edited on 20/8/12 by Spud1985]

speed8

posted on 21/8/12 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
How was the drive? Has the missus forgiven you yet for making her drive all the way?
Spud1985

posted on 21/8/12 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speed8
How was the drive? Has the missus forgiven you yet for making her drive all the way?

The drive home was good (200miles, 3hr 45mins) although my ears were ringing when i got back.

I had to stop 3 times for fuel and a cushion to prop myself a little higher in the seat (i need to adjust the seat height), it rained but surprisingly didn't get wet, speedo decided to stop working, it just showed 35mph regardless of the actual speed but before it packed up i managed to roughly figure out that every 1k rpm was 10mph in top gear, so it wasn't too bad.

Found that the rear is a bit lively on lift off after heavy accelerating, tracked down to worn rear wishbone bushes and the clutch appears to be slipping under heavy acceleration. Apart from those minor issues i got back fine, no overheating, nothing fell off, nothing major broke, so all in very happy. I'm heading over to AB Performance on Wednesday to get them to cast there eye over it and then get it booked in for any little bits to get sorted.

Also i kept forgetting what gear i was in and as i wasn't use to the high revs i kept trying for another gear, but after the second fuel stop i started counting the gears and i think its 1 down, 5 up so 6 gears in total, got to check that again though as i think you said it only had 5??

Missus is fine, albeit a little fed up on the day, she actually really likes the car, although she hasn't yet come out in it.

roadrunner

posted on 21/8/12 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Most bike engines have 6 gears.
It helps to out sprint the really heavy car engines.

speed8

posted on 21/8/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Good effort. That's the mileage tripled in one day. Definately six gears. 1 forward and 5 back.

Speedo sensor is next to the diff. Maybe a magnet or two came off on the drive.

Surprised about a bit of clutch slip. Maybe it's just been sitting too long without much use and didn't appreciate actually being used for a change.

Glad to hear all good otherwise.

Spud1985

posted on 21/8/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speed8
Good effort. That's the mileage tripled in one day. Definately six gears. 1 forward and 5 back.

Speedo sensor is next to the diff. Maybe a magnet or two came off on the drive.

Surprised about a bit of clutch slip. Maybe it's just been sitting too long without much use and didn't appreciate actually being used for a change.

Glad to hear all good otherwise.

Mileage is on 325 now and it will go up again tomorrow. Bright sunshine, so my daily commute is going to be alot more fun in the morning

Speedo seems fine now, maybe just a slight blip on the long run home?

I'm going to get AB Performance to have a look at the clutch, hopefully it wont be anything too serious, as you say it may be that its just because its been sitting too long and now being used it needs some adjustment.

Spud1985

posted on 18/9/15 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
the car 3 years on from purchase with 3000miles on the clock .....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.