Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Honda s2000 built engine
Gdb2013

posted on 24/3/13 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Honda s2000 built engine

Hi , yes it's fully built engine with no forced induction.firstly the motor stands at a total of 11.5 k investment so it's a long way from the standard 200whp .The engine has had to start- Urge design short block which includes new billet connection rods 7/16 th rod which make it stronger up in the 10k rpm plus,lightnered and balanced 90.7 crank which give at least 15 to 20 more gain over the stock crank,lightweight higher compression pistons which are 89mm giving me a greater displacement ,then we used darton sleeves with support top and bottom,The head has had welded pent roof chambers for better flame propagation and airflow ,new intake valves and seats,new exhaust seats,the head has had a load of work done to it to provide better airflow and has had new uprated valve train assembly ,nitric coating,and hand blending,also fitted are ATB ITB 52mm which give us another 20 to 30bhp and custom cams,header,and the engine was bench tuned on a AEM EMS version 2 .so to answer the question yes it's a massive gain over the standard engine but this engine is capable of producing well over 375 whp running in a Honda s2000 but I m wanting to build around a westfield kit.thanks greg
snapper

posted on 24/3/13 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
mmm, I think it might be a bit peaky on power
More a full race than usable on the road
Have you got a dyno printout?

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

MikeRJ

posted on 24/3/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
375 with forced induction, it's not going to happen on a normally aspirated engine.

The K20 is favored for big power engines, and you can get about 330bhp out of a 2.5L version of the K20, so you aren't going to get 375bhp from a 2.2 F series.

wylliezx9r

posted on 24/3/13 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
375 with forced induction, it's not going to happen on a normally aspirated engine.

The K20 is favored for big power engines, and you can get about 330bhp out of a 2.5L version of the K20, so you aren't going to get 375bhp from a 2.2 F series.

I have seen dyno's for 350 HP n/a for f20 c engines, but these are heavily breathed on race engines revving to 11k, not sure how long they go before rebuilds.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

wylliezx9r

posted on 24/3/13 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
mmm, I think it might be a bit peaky on power
More a full race than usable on the road
Have you got a dyno printout?

Exactly like a bike engine then ?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mark chandler

posted on 24/3/13 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^
Wot he said, plenty of bike engines produce 2:1 brake horse power to cc these days out the box

Cars are just catching up

Gdb2013

posted on 24/3/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Honda s2000 built engine

Urgedesign.com. That way you can check out my engine .i ve had forced induction but there still the lag down low so by going N/A built increasing to 2.2 and lightening all internals the engine s got a lot more torque low down with is totally opposite to the stock engine.The reason for the post was to get a bit more inside knowledge and help from people who know a lot about the kit car scene .Yes I could just pay the 14k for the s2000 kit but I would rather build the whole car myself using the best parts on a reasonable budget. The engine is good for 20 thousand mile before needing a re build as the rev limits have been set at a safe 9.7 k rpm .i don t think I ll ever put more than 20k miles on the engine as this is just a weekend toy.
unijacko67

posted on 24/3/13 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Stick it in a Reliant Kitten, should go well, keep us posted.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 24/3/13 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gdb2013
Urgedesign.com. That way you can check out my engine .i ve had forced induction but there still the lag down low so by going N/A built increasing to 2.2 and lightening all internals the engine s got a lot more torque low down with is totally opposite to the stock engine.The reason for the post was to get a bit more inside knowledge and help from people who know a lot about the kit car scene .Yes I could just pay the 14k for the s2000 kit but I would rather build the whole car myself using the best parts on a reasonable budget. The engine is good for 20 thousand mile before needing a re build as the rev limits have been set at a safe 9.7 k rpm .i don t think I ll ever put more than 20k miles on the engine as this is just a weekend toy.

I see where your coming from. In my opinion you can't go wrong with a west field chassis that has the engine mounts etc all ready fabricated. I've done it the hard way having to adapt a chassis that wasn't designed for the engine - not impossible just takes a bit longer. You could always buy an already registered mk Indy or similar and put the engine in that, modifying and upgrading as you build - this would be the cheapest way.

George Best

Gdb2013

posted on 24/3/13 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Honda s2000 built engine

Thanks for all your information ,I will upload all build pictures of the engine and dyno printouts if people want to see it.I don t like pushing stuff on people as I m quite reserved .All I m looking for is as much information,tip,and direction in what best to use in parts,setup,where to get stuff done. I m not the type to throw a ton of money at something without getting my hands dirty.I feel it's alway best to know how something is put together that way you understand more.
froggy

posted on 24/3/13 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I can't help thinking that a n/a motor in that state of tune being any better at low rpm than a turbo or supercharged setup . All the sevens I've driven with over 200 hp have been a bit lairy on public roads

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Gdb2013

posted on 24/3/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
It's going to be more of a track machine but I m won t rule out any road driving.i think it all depends on the driver as when I had the 407whp supercharged s2000 everyone said you never be able to drive it on the road tidy but my wife was using it every day even did a school run in it to pick the daughter up.so like I say it all depends on that right foot and how heavy it is.
Gdb2013

posted on 26/3/13 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Honda s2000

Well I spoke to Steve at Westfield today and had a discussion on a full race spec kit.They are able to do it as a starter kit like all the other kits they do.I ve asked for details and prices on a wide track ,powder coated ,starter kit with provisions on the chassis for the roll cage.With this chassis you only need to modify the engine mounts and no need to cut and weld the gearbox housing.i ve asked for the light weight body and body panels with removable rear wings.is there anything else I ve missed in asking for?
daniel mason

posted on 26/3/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
mnr do a chassis build around this engine. look at my blog. the engine fit under bonnet,gearbox went in perfect,ground clearence good with 13" wheels and standard sump. its currently tearing up tracks in the south of france!

unijacko67

posted on 26/3/13 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
What about the westfield loom and ecu or have you got that sorted. Pictures please of your engine build as it sound good. I’ve made a large capacity sump with baffle as didn’t want the expense of dry sump. Cheers.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
perksy

posted on 27/3/13 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gdb2013
Well I spoke to Steve at Westfield today and had a discussion on a full race spec kit.They are able to do it as a starter kit like all the other kits they do.I ve asked for details and prices on a wide track ,powder coated ,starter kit with provisions on the chassis for the roll cage.With this chassis you only need to modify the engine mounts and no need to cut and weld the gearbox housing.i ve asked for the light weight body and body panels with removable rear wings.is there anything else I ve missed in asking for?

You'll be having the V8 bonnet aswell ?

Removable rear arches are handy in case you have an off and its best to fit them with plastic bolts (number plate bolts)
the theory being the bolts will shear and save the arch (doesn't always work out that way though)

The lightweight GRP body & panels are pretty thin so it might be worth having a look at them before ordering them to be honest.

I take it you'll be having the road going chassis and not the 'race' chassis ?

Gdb2013

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I was hoping to use the AEM EMS as its got the bench dyno on it and a few base maps and as I ve paid for the tuning and buying the standalone ecu .Steve at Westfield offered the omex system with there own loom so maybe it be better to use there system as they be more common and more people to help if any problems come up.Not sure if anyone else has used the Aem standalone in a Westfield before too.I could do with a little help in posting picture s up as well.
rdodger

posted on 27/3/13 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Have you considered alternative chassis for your engine?

If in your position I would also consider MNR. From my experience with them I would say they may be more helpful with any alterations that may be required. They are a much smaller operation and dare I say more geared up to customers who want to deviate from the standard build?

Their chassis is a work of round tube art and as already stated several S2000 powered cars have already been done.

The engine fits under the bonnet without having to use a bulge/v8 bonnet.

Probably cheaper too!

Gdb2013

posted on 27/3/13 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
That for info , ad yet I haven t committed to any chassis or company yet and this is the reason for starting a thread.My engine is a one off build using a lot of parts that have not been mass produced .All parts have been R&D through the company I used and they have had a lot of excellent results from the development.The cams are in production now after the great results gained.Anyway what I m trying to say if this engine is the only one in the UK and it would be great to use it in a car that would do it justice.It would an interesting car amd being N/A aswell wouldbe very interesting.I m open to any chassis and Amy size company .
rdodger

posted on 27/3/13 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose I should also tell you to buy what I did!

Thruxton GT. http://www.thruxtongt.co.uk/joomla16/

A bit different to the 7 but using a very similar chassis.

maccmike

posted on 27/3/13 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
I suppose I should also tell you to buy what I did!

Thruxton GT. http://www.thruxtongt.co.uk/joomla16/

A bit different to the 7 but using a very similar chassis.

that is damn fine looking

Gdb2013

posted on 28/4/13 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ok I finally made a decision on which kit to go for .i ve gone for the Westfield s2000 starter kit ,wide body ,light weight chassis and body work with roll Cage mounting points welded in for when I change it over to full track /race car.i bought a sierra Cosworth 7.5inch rear diff with 3.6.4 ratio LSD with 108mm driveshaft connections and am currently stripping the diff and driveshafts down to re condition.Car wise I gone for the FW bodywork model and have had the aluminium panels powder coated black and the chassis,suspension arms done in black as well.
daniel mason

posted on 28/4/13 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
diff ratio will not be optimum. youll need 4.1:1 or similar or it will be too high geared.

Gdb2013

posted on 28/4/13 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Even with the honda gearbox ?
daniel mason

posted on 28/4/13 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
the honda has a 4.1 ratio axle and is geared for almost 150mph. a lot of the honda guys swap the 4.1 to a 4.4 or 4.57 to lower gearing.
i used honda engine,box,diff and driveshafts to keep things standard and simple and i ran 13" wheels to reduce gearing slightly.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.