Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Westfield owners in Glasgow area?
sdh2903

posted on 5/1/16 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Any Westfield owners in Glasgow area?

Cheeky request coming up!

Are there any westfield owners around the glasgow area that wouldn't mind someone sitting in their car to see if i fit? An seiw or mx5 sdv would be preferable but any would give me a good idea without driving down to Birmingham? This is prob best on the wscc but sadly not a member.

Steve.

[Edited on 5/1/16 by sdh2903]

Quinten

posted on 5/1/16 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
You can sign up for a temporary account, but I took the liberty of asking for you: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/117322-any-westfield-owners-in-glasgow-area/
sdh2903

posted on 5/1/16 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks very much.
GreigM

posted on 5/1/16 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've not got a Westfield anymore, but as a fat bstd in the Glasgow area I can both offer advice and some assistance. I've currently got a S3 Caterham you're welcome to sit in, on the basis if you fit in that, the westie is a fair bit more generous.

I also have a mate who lives just short of the Kincardine bridge with a SeiW which used to be mine and is fitted with the "fat boy" JK composite seats which offer much more room than the standard westie seats. He works abroad a bit and the car is possibly in storage for the winter but if you get no other offers let me know and I'll put you in touch.

In general the standard westfield "sport" seats will take a fair girth in them, the buckets not so much. In either case I'd replace with the JK seats as they are better in every way and allow more room in all dimensions.

sdh2903

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers. It's more about the length than the girth

I'm 6ft 4 and quite long legged. I think I'm sorted I've found a 2003 car for sale at a dealer in Paisley just round the corner from work that I'm going to have a gander at tomorrow. The car is in the link below. Can anyone with Westie knowledge tell me if this a wide chassis or a narrow?

eBay Item

GreigM

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a widebody. It also has the "big bus" standard steering wheel which is probably not removeable. It also has some pretty horrid seats which are removing a good 4 to 6 inches from the legroom. Don't be put off if you don't fit, I would put money on your legs hitting the wheel in that car.

You want to sit in a car which has fixed buckets right back against the back panel, a small removeable steering wheel (being removable brings the wheel closer to the driver, which gives more legroom) and in the worst case you can fit a D-shaped wheel which significantly improves accessibility.

sdh2903

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I know the seats aren't ideal in that car but if I nearly fit it will do! If I go ahead and order a chassis my plan was to go for the lowered floors. Jk seats and a removable wheel eventually.
perksy

posted on 5/1/16 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
As above that's a widebody

Iirc a Wide chassis is 3 1/2" wider across the rear of the cockpit than a narrow

At 6'4" you might get in a Narrow, but I'm not too sure you'd get out of it

GRP seats make a big difference if you need room in a Westy

Matta

posted on 5/1/16 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Cheers. It's more about the length than the girth

I'm 6ft 4 and quite long legged. I think I'm sorted I've found a 2003 car for sale at a dealer in Paisley just round the corner from work that I'm going to have a gander at tomorrow. The car is in the link below. Can anyone with Westie knowledge tell me if this a wide chassis or a narrow?

eBay Item

That car also has floor mounted pedals and makes it a bit easier at your height. JK's in it would sort you out, plus a removable wheel as Greig said.
There are a few WSCC guys around you - Kirky, Bishopton etc. with widebodies you could try. I'm in Linlithgow and you can try mine any time if you're over this way.
Best bet is to get temporary WSCC membership and I'm sure some of the local guys will reply.

Only thing I'd do to that car quickly is replace the standard roll hoop with an RAC bar.

Cheers, Matt

sdh2903

posted on 6/1/16 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all.

Fitted just fine. Even with chunky seats and no lowered floors.

Thanks for all the info and messages.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.