Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Satellite system?
coozer

posted on 21/3/16 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Satellite system?

My Sky contract is coming up to the end and I think its time to ditch them this time.

I've been looking at satellite systems one fixed dish and 3 lnbs spaced out to look at astra 28.2e, astra 19e and hotbird at 13e. Looks like thousands of channels although a lot non English but sport or the other ahem, stuff is ok not in English to me.

Anyone got a setup like this? I'm keen to see what people think and what channel's are actually available??

I've bought a Techomate twin tuner sat box today to check out want I can revive on 28.2 where all the sky stuff and freesat come from.

Any advise??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

wylliezx9r

posted on 21/3/16 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Are you aware of the capabilities of the box ? You can get a sky subscripton very cheaply.....................................

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Quinten

posted on 21/3/16 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Being an 'foreigner', I have a 4 LNB dish pointing at 28, 23, 19 and 13, using a Vu+Duo receiver, a Dutch canaal-digitaal (paid for) and a SKY free-to-view card. Can only get a few of the UK channels, but the basics are there (BBC/ITV/CH4/Five), with most in HD (except for Five).

Not sure about your receiver, but there's plenty of info here: http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels

Irony

posted on 21/3/16 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure I understand why you would want a new satellite system. My Tv comes through my internet connection and between services such as Netflix and others virtually everything is available on demand. My biggest problem is what to watch because of the silly amount of choice.
MikeRJ

posted on 22/3/16 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Not sure I understand why you would want a new satellite system. My Tv comes through my internet connection and between services such as Netflix and others virtually everything is available on demand. My biggest problem is what to watch because of the silly amount of choice.

Not everyone has the option of a fast broadband connection. It's also putting your eggs in one basket to some extent.

coozer

posted on 23/3/16 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
Are you aware of the capabilities of the box ? You can get a sky subscripton very cheaply.....................................

Cheap, err where from??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

wylliezx9r

posted on 23/3/16 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r

Cheap, err where from??

Google "sky c line" you'll get the picture.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

SJ

posted on 23/3/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a motorised set up where the box drove a motor that moved the dish to point at any visible satellite. At one point you could download hacked keys to access paid content. It was cool but got fed up in the end. It would easily access all the free channels though.

I've still got the kit somewhere but just use freesat now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.