Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smaller headlights
TheHighlander123

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Smaller headlights

As above,

I have a Westfield SEIW and am looking for new headlights that look a bit more modern.

I have seen some smaller ones but can't remember where now.

Anyone got any links?

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

Quinten

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Dominators? They are 4"

Huttojb

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Love your cycle wings. Where did you get these from?

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

sdh2903

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Dominators look good but if you intend to use the car in the dark they are crap. Even with decent bulbs. Mine lasted a few days before being swapped to 5 inch headlights.
Quinten

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huttojb
Love your cycle wings. Where did you get these from?

They are just standard Westfield cycle wings, but carbon wrapped the 'centre' part... only cos I couldnt get it neatly around all the creases!

They've since been replaced with real carbon wings

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 28/11/16 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going to be selling these... I think they look great, but for me they are not bright enough, I got them from russbot furore products, looks like you can now get a HID update for them, but already have some 7" (!) leds to get in their place once I have built a bracket strong enough!.
many have reported back to russ that they are great, so it could just be my eyes/seating position, fussyness!

https://furoreproducts.co.uk/projector-headlights?page=1

I should add that I had 4" dominators before these, and I would say these are better than the dominators.

[Edited on 28/11/16 by Chris_Xtreme]

russbost

posted on 28/11/16 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Something like THIS,

or perhaps,

THESE

They're not cheap (tho' Ollie will give you a discount if you tell him you're from LCB), but they are VERY good, we use the single ones on the Furore

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 28/11/16 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme
I'm going to be selling these... I think they look great, but for me they are not bright enough, I got them from russbot furore products, looks like you can now get a HID update for them, but already have some 7" (!) leds to get in their place once I have built a bracket strong enough!.

I should add that I had 4" dominators before these, and I would say these are better than the dominators.

Chris, I'm amazed you don't find them bright enough, that's the first negative comment we've ever had on them I think, I don't run Furoreproducts anymore, but still use these lights on the Furore & I think they are brilliant, never really thought about upgrading to the HID's as just not necessary???

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 28/11/16 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme

Chris, I'm amazed you don't find them bright enough, that's the first negative comment we've ever had on them I think, I don't run Furoreproducts anymore, but still use these lights on the Furore & I think they are brilliant, never really thought about upgrading to the HID's as just not necessary???

I know Russ, that's why I just edited my post to say It's probably just me.. I've had my eyes lasered too, so perhaps I have a side effect from that .. I do wish I could just keep them, they are very light and look great.

Also I have a small alternator and a lot of electrics, so it's an excuse to switch to LEDs too.

Matt21

posted on 28/11/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I got mine off Ollie (as russbot says), he did a discount as a LCB user

Great item but I cannot comment on the light output, I've only used them in the dark with a dark visor (not recommended at all!)

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

nick205

posted on 28/11/16 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quinten
Dominators? They are 4"

I had a set of these on my MK Indy. They looked good and I found the light from them OK to drive with. It's fair to say I wasn't out in the dark much though.

Irony

posted on 28/11/16 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the ones from Furore. I have the twin versions (4 lamps). I have found them easily bright enough. I would like the HID update but I think that would be overkill

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.