Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Wintering
dellyend1

posted on 16/11/19 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Wintering

Hi All,

Keep promising that I'll take the Fury out for a blast in between the floods but never quite happens. I'm just after any advice for what one should do over the winter, given that the car may not see the light of day until spring. Its a silvertop Zetec and type 9 box so nothing special and low maintenance.

I never used to bother doing anything with my old triumphs, TVRs and Land rovers and were all OK as long as I kept the cetec trickle charger going. This may have been more luck than judgement !!

All comments welcome

Thanks

Jeremy

Slater

posted on 16/11/19 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I drive my kit all year round, so I just leave the battery disconnected when going away on a work trips for a month at a time.
You could drain off the fuel, but I wouldn't bother if it's just for 4-5 months.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

SJ

posted on 17/11/19 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
I just keep the battery charged on mine. Only problem I've had was the fuel filter getting gummed up. Carbs were ok though.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.