Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham Tiger chassis
NoTurbo

posted on 27/12/20 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham Tiger chassis

Hi guys,

First time here and excited to get into the hobby.
I am looking for my first 7 style kitcar project and cant decide where to start.

I like the gbs chassis and setup and i also really like the mnr inboard front suspension setup. Recently I came across a caterham tiger chassis for sale and was wondering how it compares to the chassis from gbs or mnr?

Im handy with a welder and mechanically minded but dont have much spare time so really need a steer on the best starting point.

The car will be used for speed events (sprint / hillclimb) and auto solos. Not going to be a trailer queen and will be driven to and from events.

What do you think?

pmc_3

posted on 27/12/20 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham and Tiger are two different manufacturers, so it would be worth doing some research to find out what it actually is. If you post some photos on here I'm sure someone will be able to identify it.

[Edited on 27/12/20 by pmc_3]

NoTurbo

posted on 27/12/20 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked and the seller advertised it as a caterham tiger but its actually a 2000 Tiger chassis.

I am a suspension geek and handling is the most important thing for me. Stuff like this turns me on:

https://youtu.be/2ym1rnNYqUw

Id like a dedion rear suspension and inboard fronts.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.