Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help Needed With 2005 5vy R1 Wiring
cfc999

posted on 7/11/22 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Help Needed With 2005 5vy R1 Wiring

Need some help with the wiring on my R1 5vy powered Jedi single seater racing car rebuild.
Was up and running prior to a nut and bolt rebuild but needed tidying.
Everything reattach but now needs checking over by someone who knows more than me.
I’m situated in Darwen Lancashire so does anyone know anyone local who can help.
Cheers
Chris
WhatsApp good on 07849764982

[Edited on 7/11/22 by cfc999]

adithorp

posted on 8/11/22 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Is it not running post rebuild?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

cfc999

posted on 8/11/22 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Only just attempted refitting it be honest but it looks a real mess and definitely needs a proper going over.
Took some pics prior to removing the wiring and I think I’ve got everything back into position.
The kill switch seems to work and the dash lights up when I switch what I think is the ignition switch on .
The electric fan works via a switch leaving what I think could be a separate fuel pump switch and a start button both of which don’t work.
There’s no fuel in the system yet but I’d thought I’d have heard the fuel attempt to prime.
Need some help.
Thanks for the reply

adithorp

posted on 9/11/22 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
The difficulty is working out how it was done originally. The R1 ecu would have switched both the fan and fuel pump originally in the bike so obviously some choices were made during the build.

It's a while since I built mine so can't remember the whole bike loom alterations I had to make.

cfc999

posted on 10/11/22 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
It’s running a power commander that plugs into the standard ecu and the fan is wired separately with a manual on off switch.
Must be relatively straightforward for someone who understands bike wiring. No lights no indication.
More thanhappy to pay if there’s a auto electrician out there who’s local and works on bike electrics.
Cheers

cfc999

posted on 13/11/22 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Up and running thankfully not without a few issues.
Minor fuel leak and more worryingly oil pressure warming light came on after a couple of minutes running.
?

adithorp

posted on 13/11/22 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
5vy doesn't have an oil pressure light as standard. It does have a level light that is renowned for coming on, either when the oil is a bit low and cold (slow drainback from head) or at high revs especially if a bit high (oil frothing and float sinks).

If an oil pressure guage or warning light has been added there'll be a sensor in one end plugs of the oil gallery. Even then it can/will read very low at idle once warmed up. 5-10psi at idle so a switch/light doesn't really work (on constantly at idle) and the guage option will worry you until you get used to it.

cfc999

posted on 14/11/22 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot for the info
Had me worried for a while.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.