Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA for non-UK resident
prensel

posted on 13/4/02 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
SVA for non-UK resident

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get an SVA test if your not a UK resident ?
I'm from the Netherlands and building an MK Indy soon, i have a registered Sierra from 1988. What must i do to get my car SVA registered with an age related plate ?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 13/4/02 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what your getting at,if you think its easier to get a car aproved over here and then registered or use it in Holland i think you will find they got that one covered.
Let us know anyway.

prensel

posted on 14/4/02 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
That's exactly what i want, and it's done before (many times exactly).
to get a registration for holland for 'home-build' cars is impossible. So we have to get an UK registration through the SVA, according the EC rules a registration in the UK is as good as one in holland so the dutch registration office must give a dutch license when the car gets imported.

My only question is how to get a UK SVA test for my car(or cars if i build more) ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 14/4/02 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Not difficult,build it,book the test bring it over ,once through the test wait for the reg details to arive,at least thats what i did,you need an "sva manual"contains ALL you need to know,there is one on the web somewhere or buy it from our DVLA,i can find the address if you want,feel free just ask questions,every one is helpfull if a bit mad
hope this helps and good luck.

prensel

posted on 14/4/02 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Okay, I know all that.
What I don't know is if it's possible to book an SVA test if your not a UK resident.
Do I need to provide a UK address for the test ?

What papers do i need to 'prove' the donor car is from 1988 to get an age related plate ?

Thanks,

Paul

bob

posted on 14/4/02 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi paul
To get an age related plate the original UK log book is required.
This is the registered keepers document containing the sierra chassis number,engine number and date first registered.
If your sierra donor is from outside the UK you should still have some form of document declaring the age.
Have a look at the vehicle inspectorate website,as more information there could help.
http:/www.via.gov.uk/
Telephone number 01792 458888
The Vehichle Inspectorate
91/92 The Strand
Swansea
SA1 2DH

I hope this will be of some help

Jon Ison

posted on 14/4/02 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote

locodude

posted on 14/4/02 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Jon
Far be it from me to criticise but would'nt replys like that best be kept off list, walls have ears you know!
Chris PYM (conspiricies 'r' us)

Jon Ison

posted on 14/4/02 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
fair point, that better ?

jcduroc

posted on 16/4/02 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul
I live in Portugal and have the same problem.
However there is a guy in Holland, named Erwin dekkers who built a 7-like of his own and got it licensed; why don't you ask him how? And let us know afterwards.

Joćo

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.