Board logo

MK Sports cars
Richsomerset - 9/7/15 at 05:57 PM

Good evening all !

So......just joined the forum and hope to find lots of useful information.

Ive driven a Indy 919 recently and im hooked ! I have always liked the idea of a self build but just havent had the space to do so ! Well times change and now I have

Lots of different opinions about MK sports cars on line ! Customer service etc.

Im hoping that in general their a good company to deal with ?? All opinions appreciated.

dilley - 9/7/15 at 06:10 PM

Fantastic service for me!

Ben_Copeland - 9/7/15 at 08:07 PM

From what I've seen over the years. Their customer service depends on where you live. Further away you are, the harder it is to get the parts you've paid for.

Though recently I have seen Danny trying to change things.

[Edited on 9/7/15 by Ben_Copeland]

zx12r dug - 9/7/15 at 08:23 PM

Ive just finished my fourth one and had 5 friends build mks

Wheels244 - 9/7/15 at 08:50 PM

I've bought a chassis from Danny
Great to deal with.
I'll be buying the rest of the parts from him, once I've finished the current project.

Richsomerset - 9/7/15 at 08:58 PM

Sounds like Danny may be the man to talk to, unfortunately im all the way down in somerset so that may be a issue.

jossey - 9/7/15 at 09:11 PM

Call Danny direct. He has my car doing the wiring loom at present.

YQUSTA - 9/7/15 at 09:51 PM

I had nothing but trouble dealing with them including Danny and would never go back to them with my cash.

I live in Gloucestershire and had to drive all the way to them because they could decide if my parts were being delivered, in the post being made or sat around in the workshop.

Also ordered parts to be brought to Stoneleigh and they didnt bring them, told me they had left them at the workshop, 3 months later they arrived after having to be manufactured.

zx12r dug - 9/7/15 at 10:00 PM

It certainly can be frustrating waiting for parts to turn up

james h - 9/7/15 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zx12r dug
It certainly can be frustrating waiting for parts to turn up

+1 unfortunately, although I love my MK no matter what!

I would consider MNR - top, top notch service and product. I think the fit and finish of chassis and bodywork is second to none in the price range.

BenBrooks - 10/7/15 at 10:31 AM

Bad experience with them. Had them shorten a crossflow sump for me, which they completely butchered twice despite me emailing them all info and pictures. It's now a plant pot... They took no responsibility and wouldn't use them again, very difficult to deal with for me.

PAUL FISHER - 10/7/15 at 11:53 AM

Great guys to deal with, Ive had two Indys from them, and they have helped me out more recently with my Aries and Westfield Seight.
I have just sold my Westfield, due to shocking customer service and poor chassis build quality from Westfield, I am still waiting for parts I ordered in 2013!!! never again will I have a Westfield.

austin man - 10/7/15 at 08:45 PM

Never had a problem with them, their new product speaks for itself with a racing pedigree

Flick - 10/7/15 at 11:14 PM

Haven't got an MK, but had chassis work, tank, seats, pedals, cradle etc etc... from them. Always been good service for me, top guys.....

Matt21 - 15/7/15 at 01:21 PM

I have ordered a few small items from them since buying my 2nd hand Indy.
They took that long to arrive that I don't think I can trust them with anything of any importance/value which is a shame as the MK is a great car.

I think if I was building from scratch, I would certainly look very seriously at other companies before handing over my money. Being able to get parts quickly and relying on someone is quite an important part. The lack of communication was an issue too for me, though others say they're able to get in touch with no problems.

AJR - 24/7/15 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA
I had nothing but trouble dealing with them including Danny and would never go back to them with my cash.

I live in Gloucestershire and had to drive all the way to them because they could decide if my parts were being delivered, in the post being made or sat around in the workshop.

Also ordered parts to be brought to Stoneleigh and they didnt bring them, told me they had left them at the workshop, 3 months later they arrived after having to be manufactured.

+1!! Sounds almost exactly the same as my experience although mine didn't turn up after 3 months.

[Edited on 24/7/15 by AJR]