Board logo

Introducition
Budaholic - 1/7/18 at 06:38 PM

Hey guys

Quick intro.

My name is Mark, I've lived in Hertfordshire now for nearly 20 years, but Enfield, North London born and raised.
I work in Harlow, Essex for a company owned by my son as a Technical Services and Compliance Manager. (It's not as boring as it sounds)

For a long time I had an interest in the Kit Car scene and used to attend the shows years ago (Stoneleigh and Warwick). I always longed for a Cobra replica back then, which I may still achieve, you never know.

Then various commitments saw me neglect my interests for a long time.

Well, now I have gone and acquired an MK Indy R and through a little searching on here it seems to have been built by member who goes by the name of martyn_16v. Not sure he posts here any more though.

Car is Black and White and runs a C20XE on GSXR1000 TBs. Generally a really nice build, but it could do with a few alterations.

Unfortunately when I got it, it was in need of a little TLC having various leaks and deteriorated bushes and joints. And so it is currently in a state of disassembly.
I do however intend to get her back on the road and track before the end of summer.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum if I can, and I may possibly be calling on those in the know when I get stumped.

There you go, that's me.

Budaholic

robinsoncrusoe55 - 1/7/18 at 07:05 PM

Big welcome Mark !! .....

...... and good luck with the rebuild, lots of pictures please !

Andybarbet - 1/7/18 at 08:52 PM

Welcome & we need pictures :-) its always interesting to see newly acquired projects.

I was born in Chase Farm, raised in Cheshunt & now reside a little bit further north.

nick205 - 2/7/18 at 10:05 AM

Welcome aboard

Feel free to ask questions, there's plenty on here who'll contribute useful answers.

I don't know you're area, but you may also find there's a local kit car club for you to meet with. I did when I had my MK Indy and being able to talk over different aspects and look at other prople's cars was always useful.

chrisbmxr - 2/7/18 at 11:12 AM

Welcome!

Like me, sounds like you've bought a great car with a few bits to do to keep you busy! This forum has proven very valuable to me already!