Board logo

kevano - 25/8/05 at 12:18 PM

how do i get a pic on? my avatar?

nick205 - 25/8/05 at 12:33 PM

put your pic in your archive, then edit your profile and put this in the avatr field...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/YOU PIC FILE NAME GOES HERE.JPG

HTH
Nick

Kissy - 25/8/05 at 01:19 PM

does the image need sizing?

mookaloid - 25/8/05 at 01:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
does the image need sizing?

yep

nick205 - 25/8/05 at 03:15 PM

try this for size...

With this in your avatar field...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/DSC00165.JPG Rescued attachment DSC00165.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC00165.jpg

kevano - 25/8/05 at 05:48 PM

HOW DO I RESIZE MY PIC THANKS FOR THE HELP

DEAN C. - 25/8/05 at 06:36 PM

Is the car electric powered? you must be the first to build an electric Indy,well done mate!
Where does the power lead go when you're ready to drive off!

[Edited on 25/8/05 by DEAN C.]

nick205 - 25/8/05 at 07:58 PM

Kev,

Right click on the picture in my post above and "Save As" to save it back to your hard drive. Then add it to your archive and update the avatar field in your profile.

HTH
Nick

Jon Ison - 25/8/05 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
quote:
Originally posted by DEAN C.
Is the car electric powered? you must be the first to build an electric Indy,well done mate!

funny as it sounds we have just sent a chassis abroad to be the first electric indy
thought it was a wind up at first but turned out to be genuine

Well it wont be "wind up" will it if its gonna be electric, unless its like tonys aldi torch of course.........

kevano - 29/8/05 at 01:51 AM

stop being gay! i was charging my bat coz yet another rectifier has burned out,you cec boys wouldn't understand"!!!!!

donut - 29/8/05 at 09:10 AM

To re size an image you will need a photo/paint programme like photoshop or paintshop pro. Even one of the free image editors that come with digi camera/printer software will do.

Open the image

click on Image size and there should be an option ro change the size of the image. I would got for 200 pixels wide max. Save the image as a .jpg file on your hard drive and upload to either your server or to your photo archive then do what these people have said and update your profile.

Hope this helps a bit

JoelP - 29/8/05 at 10:09 AM

i use a program called 'xat image optimiser', was a free download.

kevano - 30/8/05 at 09:51 PM

thanks for the help guys!!!1

woodster - 31/8/05 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
quote:
Originally posted by DEAN C.

funny as it sounds we have just sent a chassis abroad to be the first electric indy
thought it was a wind up at first but turned out to be genuine

Which bright spark thought of that..........get it

DEAN C. - 31/8/05 at 06:51 PM

Yes. I can hear Basil Brush in the background shouting BUM! BUM!

I never realised he was a perv as well!

clbarclay - 1/9/05 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
To re size an image you will need a photo/paint programme like photoshop or paintshop pro. Even one of the free image editors that come with digi camera/printer software will do.

Open the image

click on Image size and there should be an option ro change the size of the image. I would got for 200 pixels wide max. Save the image as a .jpg file on your hard drive and upload to either your server or to your photo archive then do what these people have said and update your profile.

Hope this helps a bit

You don't need any fancy programs, good old 'paint' will do for resiving pictures, its bound to be lurking some where on every PC in the country.