Board logo

New Star Wars Film and very young kids
Mr Whippy - 19/12/16 at 07:17 AM

Hi,

Just seen the new Starwars film which I won’t spoil but only to say, it might be considered after seeing it not overly appropriate to let children under 10 watch it as it is quite violent and graphic in a kind of Terminator/Independence day apocalypse way and may scare the cr%p out young kids. Mind this is from someone brought up on Hell Raiser and the like. There were some very young kids around 3-5 years old in the cinema who obviously were there with the their Starwars loving folks but should perhaps have been left at home to watch the Night Garden…

[Edited on 19/12/16 by Mr Whippy]

steve m - 19/12/16 at 08:59 AM

I can wait until its on TV, But my son said, he wasn't to impressed with the first 30 mins, but Grandson loved the film

On a similar vain, we took our Grandaughter to see Peter Pan Panto last night, why do people take babies to an evening performance ? one cried the whole way through !

Mr Whippy - 19/12/16 at 09:21 AM

we're too PC these days, if that was an adult (ok not crying...) but making a disruption though out the performance they'd have been asked to leave, but if it's a baby no one want's to say anything in case they get in trouble. Even parents can be very stupid sometimes, just cos they have a baby doesn't mean it's alright to be an ignorant ass.

[Edited on 19/12/16 by Mr Whippy]

geoff shep - 19/12/16 at 10:42 AM

Isn't that why it's got a 12A rating?

Mr Whippy - 19/12/16 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by geoff shep
Isn't that why it's got a 12A rating?

most likely however that has not stopped people taking in kids much younger, perhaps not realising the films content. Even with a 12A I could just take my 3 year old (glad I didn't) though she has watched all but the last two previous Starwars films with no bother, I wouldn't let her see the rest till she's older.

JoelP - 19/12/16 at 04:45 PM

I read a detailed review regarding kids suitability, which said it had a high body count but without excess gory detail, but one potentially bad scene for young kids regarding a parent dying in bloody detail. Mine are 5 and 7,but I'll just have a chat with them in advance that it's just a film and not real etc.

Cheers for the heads up though!

coozer - 20/12/16 at 02:13 PM

I was 8 years old when me dad took me to the pictures to see Enter the Dragon...

Been a fan of Bruce ever since...