Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: ride height?
merkurman

posted on 18/3/04 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
ride height?

I was wondering what kind of ride height most of you are running. I my fairlane I have it lowered down around 4" of clearance (110" or so wheelbase) it does scrape a little on some speed bumps and parking lot entrances (jsut the exhaust)

so I was wondering how low some of you were and if you have scraping issues.

nick

1962 fairlane with a 200" six and T5 5spd, shaved trim air ride, t3/t4 turbo and soon to be EFI
-- looking to put a offy tripower intake on soon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 18/3/04 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
5" and 93" wheelbase on mine.

Not driven yet though so no useful feedback.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 18/3/04 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
4" and 96" wheelbase.

I have a nasty curb straight off my driveway that my 2000 Jetta scrapes going down (I take it sideways), but the Bala doesn't scrape at 4"

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

JoelP

posted on 18/3/04 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
mine sits at 4 inches by chance, im gonna raise it an inch at the back cos the area is peppered with speed bumps.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

craig1410

posted on 18/3/04 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going for 5" on my McSorley 7+4 chassis. I'm not sure of the wheelbase but it is basically standard RC book length. I can't really go any lower as my sump sits about 1.5" below the chassis underside although I hope to shorten the sump slightly to keep a clear 4" of clearance from the ground.

Cheers,
Craig.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.