Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK BEWARE
loggyboy

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
<--------------- Awaits Dannys reply on this thread with a keen interest.
Confused but excited.

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
I thought i had it bad waiting a month for a scuttle panel and then receiving it to find out it was bent out of shape. After countless calls and emails i was told to 'make it fit' and the phone was hung up. I also had to drive 130 miles to MK to collect a new manifold as mine was completly wrong and didn't fit only to get a secondhand one from danny's race car that still isn't right. This along with loads of other things wrong with the car that had to be sorted out at my expense. This is after i gave them over 8K! Where's Austinman? He usually likes to stick up for MK all the time.

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Davegtst]

If he's told me to "make it fit", I'd have done just that, but not in the car.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

designer

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I have even advised people via u2u that bringing issues online without allowing reasonable time to resolve will eneviatably cause a kick back from MK.

Do you work for them?

What's a 'reasonable time'.

Bad service is bad service and should be mentioned. How can you defend people that take others money, literally under false pretences.

You, personally, could have had the best service in the world, but you have to defend those that didn't!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 9/4/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nope dont work for MK, however I have seen people slag them off on this forum then expect a favour off them to get their motor through IVA all in the same posting.

Let me get this straight I dont condone poor service, I do work in a customer service environment daily and see it from both sides. In disputes all is not always as it seems unless you have. I do hope that MK can get this resolved for both their customers and their reputation.

They do build and supply a good product and from my experience give a good level of customer support

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/4/11 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
At least they will deliver these days, they didn't when I started my indi and had to drive down to york from Aberdeen just to pick up a skuttle and some rear wings

It does sound like MK have taken on more than they can chew causing long delays for some people, far longer than really should ever happen. It was better when they first started and were just doing the basic kit, though I think they were subcontracting the GRP stuff at that time, mine stank on the way home as though it had just been layed. Chances are that was also Darren’s problem as if you went on the GTS site they seemed to have their finger in everything.

My first point about your 45 emails is, truth be told if it was me your email would have been blocked at about 20 and I doubt sending more would accomplish any good at all. My patience would have run out the first couple of ignored emails and I'd be going down to see what the score was even if it took a day’s worth of driving, after telling them I was coming down tomorrow...

I'd send them a letter, recorded delivery asking them to call (your mobile and make sure it’s with you) to give you a delivery date (a realistic one), stating that if it is not ready by that date then you want a full refund or will take it up with the small claims court. Also state that if they don't get back within the week then it's in the hands of the court.

There are heaps of other companies that have good reputations that make parts for 7's so not wanting to deal with MK any further is hardly a problem apart from the money you have already spent. If you have problems with your kit then you should be posting on here a lot more for advice on how to correct them, feel sorry for all the poor bu%%ers who are making theirs from scratch.

I do however like some others here think posting threads like this will not help resolve things but just rub MK up the wrong way, but that's your choice to do so. I’m all for people posting whatever they like on here so long as it’s not vulgar or lowers the very high standard of the site.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wicksim

posted on 10/4/11 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Really disappointed to see yet another thread on here slamming MK.

The guys at MK are currently building an Indy R for me. The progress has been good and have found them to be very helpful. Travelled up to Rotherham three times now to see the build in various stages, each time there has been loads going on up there, kits being shipped out, cars being built, visitors being shown round and more recently race preparation. Perhaps they may struggle to keep everyone happy all of the time. But what company can.

There are always two sides to every story and on here I am only reading the thoughts of the purchaser so i cant really comment on the problems. However i to feel this may not be the best place for such negative comments. It is all to easy to write faceless negative comments behind the safety of a forum, rather than sort things out face to face.

designer

posted on 10/4/11 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Perhaps they may struggle to keep everyone happy all of the time. But what company can.

It's a companies job to satisfy customers in the order they take them on. You cannot defend any company that does not do it!!

AndyW

posted on 10/4/11 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think this is the very place to talk about this. There are numerous threads about people that have purchased parts from another supplier and they never get them, and this is exactly the place to post about good and bad customer service. Just look how many people on here still have bad things to say about Robin Hood's service, and they don't even exist any more.

So this is right to let people know what kind of service a company gives, good or bad.

Wicksim

posted on 10/4/11 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
I agree, these type of forums are great for fact finding before making decisions such as which manufacturer to buy from. I decided to ask MK to build my car after reading a lot about many of the manufacturers and yes they all have their pro and cons. As on all forums some go a little too far in their unhelpful comments though.

I am not trying to defend anyone, just adding my views on my dealings with MK so far and also my views on forums in general.

mistergrumpy

posted on 10/4/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have to agree also. I feel that forums like this ARE the place to discuss good and bad service received, if this upsets the manufacturer or supplier then maybe it's a reminder to them that advertisment by word of mouth is still going strong.
On two occasions by one manufacturer and one major supplier I've had them telephone me up at home and instantly start shouting the odds at me though because of simple factual comments (not bitching) written on this forum. The first caught me by surprise as I was working nights and woke up to get the phone, the second got put straight. That is what I call taking things too far.

Wicksim

posted on 10/4/11 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey that is taking it too far......
mads

posted on 10/4/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with some of the remarks that this forum IS an appropriate place to air concerns of poor service. Though my experience of MK has not been as bad as some of the others, I have had to wait for parts for MK that were missing from my kit which has delayed my build. This is particularly frustrating when I had booked time off work to work on the build but couldn't as was awaiting for parts to arrive from MK!

There has also been the issue that they sent me a steering rack which was not fit for purpose and appeared to have been taken straight off the donor vehicle, shortened and then sent to me. The steering arms were rusted to the TREs so I couldn't add on the trackrod extensions (which were missing from my kit) and when I did return it to MK, the guy who took it back said it should not have been sent out in that condition in the first place! I have also had an issue with regards to the bolting of my rollbar on to my chassis and when me and Alex spoke to Baz he was not very helpful.

I have dealt with Danny Keenan on here, and yes he did eventually help me out but I was waiting for about 7 weeks from me talking to them before I got the parts I needed, though track rod ends for my steering rack are still missing - Danny, any chance of these please?

I agree that if you are fairly local to MK then you are likely to have fewer problems as you can just pop over to pick up parts and ask about things. For those who do live a bit further away or who can't just pop over to MK on a saturday morning, they do need to make sure that they provide good customer service and are meeting their promises of getting parts out to us in a timely manner.

Danny is trying to build bridges with some of the disgruntled customers on here but there are a few of them and I did see he had said to shorts that his manifold was to be posted out to him about 2-3 weeks ago and the fact he still hasn't received it does not leave MK in very good light. On a slightly positive note, Danny did send some ally straps FOC for my fuel tank as not keen on bonding it top the chassis as was Baz's suggestion.

I think they could definitely do with employing someone specifically to handle the customer service side of things i.e. dealing with orders, complaints, arranging prompt delivery of items etc and allow the others to continue with the building aspect. This would certainly help prevent threads like this one.

[Edited on 10/4/11 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

designer

posted on 10/4/11 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

On two occasions by one manufacturer and one major supplier I've had them telephone me up at home and instantly start shouting the odds at me though because of simple factual comments (not bitching) written on this forum

I think these people should be named. In fact they must be!!

They have no right to harass anybody, they should not be in a business, and others should know who they are.

mistergrumpy

posted on 10/4/11 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Luego and Rally Design. TBH I was really shocked at RD as I'd always had excellent service from them before, I only asked on here if anyone else had received any orders made at a show because I was still waiting. Less said about Luego then the better, though it looks like they're changing hands anyway.
It's a shame really because I feel like I can't order anything from these companies now, both threatened not to do business with me and keep hold of the parts.
My experience with MK on the other hand wasn't a big argument just constant excuses and then told by Baz if I didn't like it then to go elsewhere.

A1

posted on 10/4/11 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
im not taking anyones side here... but, there are two sides to every story. someone can decide to badmouth a company for no real reason, some people are just like that. However, sometimes companies treat people very badly.
Thats why this isnt really the place to be putting topics like this, cause youll never hear both sides of the story.

one way or another, hope you get your manifold sorted, trust me, its worth the wait when youre hammering down a country road on a sunny day...

Davegtst

posted on 10/4/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Why isn't this the right place? Where would the right place be? MK are on here so they can quite easily clear this up if they wanted to. Or maybe they can't. I really don't understand why people continue to defend companies that give shocking service just because they have bought their product and didn't have any problems themselves. It's also funny how there are quite a few complaints about MK recently from real cusomers who have spent alot of money with them, they can't all be just complainers.
austin man

posted on 10/4/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
MK arent on locostbuilders, Danny is nut he isn't MK he works for them and as you probably appreceiate it appears he has done a lot to assist.

I think the decision not to register as a company on LCB was taken a long time ago due to sh1t slinging that went on back in the day.

if you count the complaints there are possibly 3 or 4 people who appear to have had a bad service and a boatload of people that are jumping on the bandwagon which tends to heighten the problem

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

noc231073

posted on 10/4/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah You might be right that there is only 1/2 dozen or so complaining but it looks like were the only one building cars at the moment??
I pose this question,who here on this forum that is currently building an Mk at home is happy with the service they are getting from Mk????
Simple question it should be a simple answer

austin man

posted on 10/4/11 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Could it be that a lot are building and having no problems and dont wish to get embroiled in this thread and with other that have gone from a positive to negative

A1

posted on 10/4/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I wasnt defending, i was taking no side as i said at the start. Its very easy to jump on the bandwagon without knowing all sides is what im saying...
Steve Hignett

posted on 10/4/11 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Not that I wish to get (too) involved myself, but I feel that being a maunfacturer and getting involved with "discussions" on here is almost definitely not going to imprve most situations...

I feel that there will always be people complaining regarding one company or another, whether the complaint be regarding:-

customer service//satisfaction of full order//quality of components//roll cages that are proved compliant even though people refuse to accept it//whether they built it or the owner did!//and so on, and so on etc etc...

And these complaints can be directed toward anyone and these complaints may well be aired here as it's a public forum etc, however as someone else that's a long serving member of the forum commented earlier on tonight said, when you've been around for a while, then you start to realise whether a certain company is worth a complaint or whether a certain company has privided a good service over a period of years that has been more than sufficient for a substantial number of people...

I've had a fair bit to do with most of the kitcar companies out there, from Caterham/Westfield, through MK/MNR and down to the few cars a year Procomp and I've had both good and bad service from one or the other, but in my personal opinion, you get what you pay for with MK. ie If you put in a bit of effort, then you get a a lot of respect back. Is this a good thing? Is this a perfect example of customer service, well maybe not, but as someone who has spent a good deal of time in Cust?Serv I can say that what is lacking in Cust/Serv is made up for in reality and dealing with Baz, Steve and Danny has been very rewarding, which is worth a fair bit in my eyes.

Dealing with Martin Keenan (who set up MK Engineering a long time before he set up MK Sportscars, and is now trading again under his original name) has been identical, if not even better... Very personal, high quality and speedy delivery...

Kind regards, and hope you all get sorted asap...

Steve

noc231073

posted on 11/4/11 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest i am finished dealing with Mk and cut my losses and move on.... There's very little satisfaction airing anything on the forum about them..
As it still doent solve any of my problems .. I have solved them myself with replacing very poor, missing and even dangerous parts with properly made parts purchased at extra expense from worthwhile company's .
And as for the comment " you get what you paid for" well thats defiantly true ...or more to the point with Mk " you'll never got what you paid for " because it's on the way or I sent it yesterday or I will send it at the end of the week ,Or we are waiting for it to be made, or many of their good excuses from their "Mk top ten excuse book". It's been an experience to say the least and one I do not want to through again in a hurry .
6 months of constantly being in foul mood expecting parts each day to arrive and they never turning up..
The car is almost complete and once finished it will be up FOR SALE ... CHEERS MK WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS

DRC INDY 7

posted on 11/4/11 at 06:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
To be honest i am finished dealing with Mk and cut my losses and move on.... There's very little satisfaction airing anything on the forum about them..
As it still doent solve any of my problems .. I have solved them myself with replacing very poor, missing and even dangerous parts with properly made parts purchased at extra expense from worthwhile company's .
And as for the comment " you get what you paid for" well thats defiantly true ...or more to the point with Mk " you'll never got what you paid for " because it's on the way or I sent it yesterday or I will send it at the end of the week ,Or we are waiting for it to be made, or many of their good excuses from their "Mk top ten excuse book". It's been an experience to say the least and one I do not want to through again in a hurry .
6 months of constantly being in foul mood expecting parts each day to arrive and they never turning up..
The car is almost complete and once finished it will be up FOR SALE ... CHEERS MK WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS

whem you say very poor and dangerous.. what parts were they? and how did you come the that conclusion, because they are very strong words that you need to have good proof

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

snoopy

posted on 11/4/11 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
mmmm well i dont think poor servicefor parts and poor customer service should get this far out of hand
when i worked for mk this was part of my job and i would go the extra mile for everone to sort it out
and always did i think but i also had an office manager who was good at his job too
sadley mk dont have these two now but do think they need replacements as baz and danny are just not up to the job
when dealing with the public and do need to get it sorted asap in my opinion

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/4/11 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Not really got much to say other than I've never been an MK fan ( the car not the firm). It seems to me that there are as many people defending MK as there are slagging off GTS (when there is a thread like this).
BUT both companies IMHO are having the same problem. Taking orders and payment and not coming up with the goods which is of course wrong and unacceptable.
A recorded delivery letter giving a final date to comply with what has already been a long drawn out process would be next line of attack. You then MUST be prepared to go to trading standards/small claims court AND see it through ( empty threats are useless).

It will never get sorted out on an open forum for reasons already discussed.
Yes you will have caused some poor PR for MK but folk will make up their own mind on them ( I did a while back at a show).

Finally good luck it's your money untill you recieve the goods.
I suspect that if you were one of the fraternity who frequent the factory on a Saturday then the part would be with you now. Perhaps its time for MK to have a Flak Monkey or an Eddie99 ( all credit to them) to help out others.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.