Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: wanted a Photo of a indy
jacko

posted on 2/5/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
wanted a Photo of a indy

with a full cage BUT that has the std rear part like on my car .
I am thinking of buying just the front and roof bars to weld to my car and would like to see what it would look like first

Its not for racing or tracks its to help me get in and out of the car with my bad back
Jacko

My indy/3
My indy/3

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dunk3

posted on 2/5/11 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jacko, coozer has just put a roll cage on his u2u him he might be able to help you .
coozer

posted on 2/5/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote

Not sure if this ones an Indy but...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

alawrence

posted on 2/5/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
is this roll bar a bolt on extra or does it need to built in at an early stage ?
looks the dogs

jacko

posted on 3/5/11 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Coozer thats great do we know who the yellow car belongs to is he/she on here ?
Jacko

[Edited on 3/5/11 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snoopy

posted on 4/5/11 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
indy with removable front and side rollbar to leave original for road use more pics in my archive

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE ?

JeffJeffers

posted on 4/5/11 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
indy with removable front and side rollbar to leave original for road use more pics in my archive

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE ?

The Clio has gone!!!!

brookie

posted on 4/5/11 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
what did that cost u then m8 could do with something like that for my
Tezza1

posted on 4/5/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
The yellow MK is mine i run a welding company and got my fabricators to knock a few up, Mine is slightly modded to the standard one from MK and Steves (Coozer) is slightly different too. I took the roll bar off back welded new front section had it shot blasted and Powder coated then bolted it back into floor.

Terry

jacko

posted on 4/5/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tezza1
The yellow MK is mine i run a welding company and got my fabricators to knock a few up, Mine is slightly modded to the standard one from MK and Steves (Coozer) is slightly different too. I took the roll bar off back welded new front section had it shot blasted and Powder coated then bolted it back into floor.

Terry

Hi Terry do you have any more photos of the cage.
I tried Dunk3's car for getting in and out with a full cage and found it better then mine with having a bad back.
I want to use the rear part i have but did not know if it would look right
Looking at yours i think it will
Thanks Jacko

jabbahutt

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Terry

Sorry for hijacking the thread, is it possible to produce a front and top bar section as per your car but that can be bolted to the original rear as per snoopy's photos? That would be an ideal solution for me as I'd only want the extra part of the cage for ease of getting in an out of the car. This might also be of interest to you Jacko?

Any info appreciated and how is the bottom of the front section secured to the car please?

Thanks

snoopy

posted on 5/5/11 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Terry

is it possible to produce a front and top bar section as per your car but that can be bolted to the original rear as per snoopy's photos? That would be an ideal solution for me as I'd only want the extra part of the cage for ease of getting in an out of the car. This might also be of interest to you Jacko?

Any info appreciated and how is the bottom of the front section secured to the car please?

Thanks

would think this is easily possible although the top bars would either have to be offset either further out or inwards to clamp to the rear original rollover bar.
as to the front then plates have to be welded to the chassis under the floor for the front bar to bolt to .
the pics i posted the cage was made by myself and mk engineering but i have to say it was alot of input by me as mr mk was a bit reluctant to get involved
but let me use his stuff but i talked him round in the end

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.