Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Q plate/Reg numbers 'n' stuff.....
donut

posted on 10/9/02 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Q plate/Reg numbers 'n' stuff.....

What is the law regarding being able to keep the donor registration number as i would rather not have a Q plate?

also......

I have been told that to get rid of the donor you have to give the wrecker the reg documents??? this can't be true... is it??? how could you get a proper reg number??

also......

I have been told that it is difficult to get insurance for Q plate kit cars, is this true or am i being led up the perverbial?

Thanks in advance

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fuz

posted on 10/9/02 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
i got told by the DVLA that you have to have three or more major components from the donor car to make it not have a Q plate. They dont give you the original reg from your donor but give you one relative to the year of the donor car. Obviously you need all the relevant paper work from the donor, e.t.c

fuz

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 10/9/02 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Suggest you go on the DVLA webite. All the answers are on there. It's done on a points system, different components have different points. I think the total has to be 8 or over.
Chris PTM

DEAN C.

posted on 10/9/02 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
There is another way,you only need two major components from your donor if you use a manufactured chassis,then you can get an age related plate.Put the log book in your name first, and you might possibly get the donor reg as well if you're lucky,if not it will be the same year as the donor.
This is known on the DVLA website as method D.Kit conversions.......
Dean...

donut

posted on 10/9/02 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guy's
ChrisS

posted on 22/10/02 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
What id like to know is if you want a New reg, it says everything must be new accept 1 major component ie the Engine.

So. dont tell me that very new plated kit has brand new running gear like diff drive shafts etc etc.

Hows it done?

bob

posted on 22/10/02 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Chris
I think its reconditioned as new,i had wondered this and this is the best i can come up with

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.