Author: Subject: F1 - Maldonado needs shooting
maccmike

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
F1 - Maldonado needs shooting

As above
jacko

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
WHY it was not his fault
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kendo

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I disagree. Hamilton was being a muppet.
Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton didn't help himself one bit, it could be argued he pushed Maldonado off the circuit, sorry but this one 50 50 at best.
Surrey Dave

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
6 of 1 etc?

Hamilton - should have conceded that his tyres had gone and he was gonna get passed given space and gone to the finish best he could

Maldonado - should have realised Hamilton was a sitting duck turned left instead of right and re grouped to complete the pass elsewhere

These are the sort of reasons that Alonso is leading the championship in a mediocre car , where is Massa in the same car?

you think they would use thier bonce by the time they get to F1, but who cares more entertainment for us!!!

scootz

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
What's this? Lewis Hamilton involved in some sort of controversial incident? Surely not!

To be fair, I've not seen the incident, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest who the two players are!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just seen the incident on the news... much ado about nothing! If Hamiltons tyres were indeed shot to pieces, then he should have got the hell out of that particular battle and concentrated on banking points (because they make prizes!).

It's Evolution Baby!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
+1 ^^^^
Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Paul di Resta showed how to get to the finish with the most possible points on shot tyres, he was in a similar position to Hamilton several times towards the end of the race, drove sensibly to the finish and picked a few more points up due to the above incident, showed far more maturity than Lewis.
scootz

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
I really hope that the DiResta to Ferrari rumour bears fruit. I think he could be quite handy with a bit more experience and a good car!

It's Evolution Baby!

daniel mason

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
id be shocked if perez doesnt get massa's seat

Wheels244

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Did I see a different race !!
PM had all four wheels off the circuit and attempting to rejoin the circuit- Lewis had the line.
PM should have either braked or turned left into the run off and have another go instead rejoining the circuit with no steering
because of the kerb - straight into the side of Lewis taking him out !

As for Lewis letting him past - gents, it's a race - you don't win or score points by letting people past.
I agree PM would have taken him because of the tyres but the guy behind has to get past the one in front - not expect to be allowed past with out challenge.

Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
No, you saw the same race, just a different opinion, it's allowed.
Mr C

posted on 24/6/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
You create your own luck, Hamiltons just not very good at it, he needs to learn from Di Resta

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

jeffw

posted on 24/6/12 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
It certainly was Maldonado's fault and was an avoidable impact and the stewards agree with me

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100705

Mark Allanson

posted on 24/6/12 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
PM had all four wheels off the circuit and attempting to rejoin the circuit- Lewis had the line.
PM should have either braked or turned left into the run off and have another go instead rejoining the circuit with no steering

As for Lewis letting him past - gents, it's a race - you don't win or score points by letting people past.
I agree PM would have taken him because of the tyres but the guy behind has to get past the one in front - not expect to be allowed past with out challenge.

Too damn right! Its bad enough that team mates let each other passed, without rivals doing it.

PM has a record of temper driven recklessness, best suited to ice hockey rather than F1.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

scudderfish

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
He's been given a 20 second penalty and relegated to 12th.
russbost

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
"Too damn right! Its bad enough that team mates let each other passed, without rivals doing it.

PM has a record of temper driven recklessness, best suited to ice hockey rather than F1. "

+1

Yes, Lewis could have conceded the corner, but given that PM has demonstrated an ability to park his car in the fence of his own volition (with Alonso earlier this year) I'd say it was definitely worth contesting it!Shame about the outcome fro both parties, but more particularly for Williams, I think the penalty on PM was pretty light considering he was returning to the circuit having had all 4 wheels off, seem to remember there being something in the rules about rejoining without impeding the progres of another competitor?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
maccmike

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
There's some twaddle replied to this post.
1) 2 laps to go in 3rd place with worn tyres - give up and let Maldonado past! your having a laugh. Thats not racing, you'll have Senna turning in his grave!
2) Maldonado had all 4 wheels off the track, LH on racing line. How is that LH's fault?!
3) Maldonado squeezed everybody who tried to pass him just as LH did to him. But now the tables have turnt it must be LH's fault?

loggyboy

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst I agree PM should not have tried to rejoin along side LH, and the accident was his fault, I beleive LH should have been handed a smilar fine/penalty for pushing PM off the track in the first place. Im pretty sure kobayashi, was handed a penalty for doing the exact same thing to Massa.

[Edited on 24/6/12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Lets hope come the end of the season LH doesn't need those extra easy points he could have had.
StevieB

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244

I quite agree.

Hamilton had the racing line into the corner and Maldonado had the choice to bail out of the move. Had it been anything other than a nice smooth run off area he would have done. The fact is he used this area to try and make a move stick that was never really on (IMHO at that point) and took out Hamilton from a position off the track - he was as far as I'm concerned out of the race at that point and should have yielded.

Maldonado has been trying to convince us ever since getting into F1 that he's a deserving contender and not just a jumped up rich kid pay driver. If he was a true contender, he would have backed out of that move and taken Hamilton soon enough anyway based on tyre degradation.

Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Lets hope come the end of the season LH doesn't need those extra easy points he could have had.

That's where I get my 50/50 from, it's done n dusted now.

lewis

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
There's some twaddle replied to this post.
1) 2 laps to go in 3rd place with worn tyres - give up and let Maldonado past! your having a laugh. Thats not racing, you'll have Senna turning in his grave!
2) Maldonado had all 4 wheels off the track, LH on racing line. How is that LH's fault?!
3) Maldonado squeezed everybody who tried to pass him just as LH did to him. But now the tables have turnt it must be LH's fault?

Exactly this! Maldonado has not got a clue how to overtake without bullying,he was faster than ham & if he had more experience he would have pulled out of the move & done it up the road,of course Ham is not going to give up 3 place why would he!!?!

I am a driving god!..........sort of

stevegough

posted on 24/6/12 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
The incident with Hamilton apart, it was a very entertaining race full of surprise events - even in the pits! - shame about Vettel's car, as he was having a stonking race! Schumacher did well for a 'retired' driver!

Hamilton had been under a cloud for about 15 laps whilst the stewards decided what to do about him allegedly ignoring a yellow flag earlier in the race. They eventually decided to let it go.

[Edited on 24/6/12 by stevegough]

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.