Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Splitter
Greenie

posted on 11/7/12 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Front Splitter

After successfully fitting my rear diffuser I would like fit a front splitter to compliment it, but instead of taking the easy route of buying one I fancy having a go making one.

What materials needed and best ones for the job and easy to work.

So some ideas and advice from the experts on this forum will really be appreciated and pictures even better.

Just want to point out that the idea of fitting this is just to enhance the cosmetic look of the car, not enhance stability or handling etc, but if I do benefit from ths fittment then great and so be it ha ha.

Might as well do something while I wait for the rain to stop LOL.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chippy

posted on 11/7/12 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen several cars were they have just used plywood, looks to be around 3/8" thick, although maybe 1/4" would do if you were to glass it for protection. Plus you can always pop into B & Q and get another if you bust it. :-) HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Bare

posted on 12/7/12 at 03:00 AM Reply With Quote
Remember reading something abour Aero Aids in Blatchat a recurring subject. Seems that testing showed an under nose cone chin spoiler had greatest effect.
BUT the effect was to reduce downforce on the rear wheels..
Short answer: it will Eff up your cars balance while perhaps making you more attractive to wimmin.. In your dreams :-)

[Edited on 12/7/12 by Bare]

rickymcg

posted on 26/7/12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I used ply wood for my V8 .

Cheers
Ricky McG
[img]http://m.gumtree.com/kit-car-race-car-track-car-v8-hillclimb/v?adId=106832926&page=1#race[/img]

[Edited on 26/7/12 by rickymcg]

Richard McGimpsey
(youtube channel)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.