Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Galaxy s3 or s4
Davegtst

posted on 31/7/13 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Galaxy s3 or s4

I've got an s4 at the moment but I'm giving it back as EE seem to be incapable to letting me make any kind of phone call without problems. I'm going to swap to vodaphone and the s3 is about £5 a month cheaper, it is worth getting the slightly cheaper phone or will I regret it? Please don't suggest Iphones, I'm not a fan.
Proby

posted on 31/7/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I swapped from an iPhone to an S3 on voda last October. No problems, no regrets. I know the S4 is better on paper, not sure what difference there is in the real world.

Visit GraphicMonster

Davey D

posted on 31/7/13 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
There isn't much between the S3, and S4 performance, and feature-wise. The biggest difference is the cost of the phone.

I've had the S2 for some time now, and only last week gone and bought myself a new S3. Absolutely nothing wrong with the S2, and runs everything great, i just fancied a change to a slightly newer model . I always buy the phone outright myself, and then use sim only deals.

i got the marble white S3 from amazon for around £287 brand new which is a great price when you compare prices, and specs of other makes of phones.

There won't be anything that an S3 can't run.

sdh2903

posted on 31/7/13 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've had an s3 for 12 months and for once I'm not looking to get the new handset. The s3 does everything I need it to. Email, Internet, camera, sat nav etc are excellent screen is great. I've only had a quick play with an s4 to compare though.

Just a quick note about fruit phones. My missus who's a die hard apple fan, has had her 5 back at the shop 4 times in 2 months. My samsung has been dropped numerous times covered in grease at work and is still perfect. Think apple are starting to lose the plot a bit with quality control.

Davegtst

posted on 31/7/13 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
I've had an s2 for 2 years and it's still a very good phone but my contract has come to an end and it's cheaper to get a new phone. As far as I can see the s4 has a better camera and a few features that allow you to hover over the screen rather than having to touch it. These new feature are probably just a gimmick and I'll end up not using them anyway.
Poorscousertommy

posted on 31/7/13 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Heres a question - how did you get out of your contract with EE? I've recently upgraded and haven't been able to make a robust call for weeks! Problem is I'm outside of the 14 day cool off period - they tell me I'm tied for 18 months and so I'm persevering.. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/images//smilies/mad.gif

Edit: And sorry for taking this O/T - just interested in how the OP did it!

[Edited on 31/7/13 by Poorscousertommy]

Wadders

posted on 31/7/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I recently got the S4, jumped from an S2 only because i smashed the screen, nothing significantly better so i reckon the S3 will be great, display is nicer on the S4 and bigger of course, camera is really good, the hand waving malarky is just an annoying gimmick, i quickly switched it off.

I also considered the HTC one, which is really nicely made.

Al.

Davegtst

posted on 31/7/13 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poorscousertommy
Heres a question - how did you get out of your contract with EE? I've recently upgraded and haven't been able to make a robust call for weeks! Problem is I'm outside of the 14 day cool off period - they tell me I'm tied for 18 months and so I'm persevering.. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/images//smilies/mad.gif

Edit: And sorry for taking this O/T - just interested in how the OP did it!

[Edited on 31/7/13 by Poorscousertommy]

Fortunately I was still within the 14 day cooling off period. I originally rang up Orange to cancel my old contract just over a week ago because the service seems to be getting worse by the day. They convinced me to up grade to the 4g EE service with the promise it would be perfect. The first few days it was pretty good with only 1 dropped call but yesterday and today it's back to the usual crappy service.

l0rd

posted on 31/7/13 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
And I still have the S1

omg I am so back in tech

JoelP

posted on 1/8/13 at 05:55 AM Reply With Quote
I'm on an s3 and it's an amazing phone. Far better than my wife's iPhone 4. And so bloody cheap too! I'm only paying 18 quid with unlimited Internet!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mcerd1

posted on 1/8/13 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
My missus who's a die hard apple fan, has had her 5 back at the shop 4 times in 2 months. My samsung has been dropped numerous times covered in grease at work and is still perfect.
well my GF just dropped her s3 the other day from less than 1m and its cracked the LCD
its a £130 for the part or £170 for it fitted

having said that I've got a couple of mates who are addicted to apples - they seem to crack a screen every 6 months too...

my brother still swears by his old s2 and it does seem to be a bit tougher
but I think I'll stick with my 4 year old non-touch nokia, its been underwater, dropped over 6ft onto concrete, driven over (on grass) and generally abused - and it still works

-

chrisxr2

posted on 1/8/13 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
update

With the latest update when released, the s3will have 99 percent of the features of the s4. I went from a galaxy s2 to a HTC one, awesome phone screen cracked already, had 3 months, galaxy s2 was bloody indestructible.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

v8james

posted on 1/8/13 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Have had S3 for a year and it's a great phone, but as said above glass cracks very easily, rubber bumper is a must.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.